Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 07:24 AM   #916
deniz1
deniz1 began at the beginning.

Device: n905b
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@deniz1: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. A recent person who had this issue solved it in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819.
thank you my friend, i fix it can you send me img file pls.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:16 PM   #917
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.

And I'm glad there is a way to solve the missing PM problem.
Advert
Old 05-29-2019, 04:14 PM   #918
klabauter
klabauter began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905B
Can sombody send me an image file for Kobo N905B... Thx !!!
Old 05-29-2019, 07:35 PM   #919
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 06-02-2019, 06:11 PM   #920
tracygotrocks
tracygotrocks began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Requires New SD Image File for Kobo Touch 905C

Hi David. Last night I had the white screen of death on my Kobo Touch 905C. Can you send an image file?

On another note, for the new SD card, do I need specific specs for it? Specific size or from specific manufacturer? I have a spare 16 GB Kingston MicroSD so I'm wondering if I can use that.

Lastly, is the Kobo Touch supposed to get a little hot? I was charging it sometime before I did something stupid that made it go bonkers, i.e. when it was updating too slowly I pressed the reset button.
Advert
Old 06-02-2019, 08:45 PM   #921
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracygotrocks View Post
Hi David. Last night I had the white screen of death on my Kobo Touch 905C. Can you send an image file?
You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Quote:
On another note, for the new SD card, do I need specific specs for it? Specific size or from specific manufacturer? I have a spare 16 GB Kingston MicroSD so I'm wondering if I can use that.
The image is for a 2GB card. But, it can be put on a larger card and expand the books partition. The Touch is old enough that it probably won't handle larger cards. I'm pretty sure 16GB will be OK.
Quote:
Lastly, is the Kobo Touch supposed to get a little hot? I was charging it sometime before I did something stupid that made it go bonkers, i.e. when it was updating too slowly I pressed the reset button.
Any battery is expected to get warm when charging. How warm depends on the battery and charging rate. I have noticed some warmth with some of my devices, but, never noticed anything I would call "hot".
Old 06-03-2019, 05:41 PM   #922
tracygotrocks

Quote:
You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Hi David. I went to "Your Control Panel" > "Edit Options" but I do not see an exact option for Private Messaging. So I ticked anything with, I hoped, similar functionality to Private Messaging while not touching the rest of the default options. From the default I ticked Login & Privacy > "Allow vCard Download" and Messaging & Notification > "Receive Email from Administrators."

Quote:
The image is for a 2GB card. But, it can be put on a larger card and expand the books partition. The Touch is old enough that it probably won't handle larger cards. I'm pretty sure 16GB will be OK.
That's good to hear that it should work with 16GB.

Should I format a new card (2GB or larger) first before copying to it your image?

If I were to use a larger card i.e. greater than 2GB but at most 16GB, do I need to do anything else to it that's different when compared to handling a 2GB card?

Quote:
Any battery is expected to get warm when charging. How warm depends on the battery and charging rate. I have noticed some warmth with some of my devices, but, never noticed anything I would call "hot".
Oh, my bad. I was supposed to have said warm.
Old 06-03-2019, 05:44 PM   #923
tracygotrocks

Hi David. Can you check if you can now send a PM? I had a previous post regarding this that's much more detailed than this but for some reason it's requiring moderator approval.

Last edited by tracygotrocks; 06-03-2019 at 05:45 PM. Reason: more details
Old 06-03-2019, 07:22 PM   #924
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Private Messaging should work now.
Old 06-03-2019, 07:48 PM   #925
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@tracygotrocks: PM sent.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:16 PM   #926
tracygotrocks

Thank you very much David! I'll keep your proscription in mind.

By the way, do you have recommended software for flash drive image writers? The 6-year old vconsole.com link from here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=209122 doesn't appear to have a link for the software anymore but rather for hardware.

On another note can you check my procedures for doing this properly? The posts that I've been reading are several years old so I want to check with you if they're still valid.
1. Format the new SD drive. I haven't formatted an SD drive before but with hard drives they have different format types. Does a Kobo SD drive have a recommended format type?
2. Use a flash image writer to copy the Kobo Touch 905C image to the new SD drive. Do I need to do anything else if using an SD drive with size larger than 2GB? I'll be using the 16GB one that I mentioned previously.
3. Open Kobo Touch. Replace old SD with new one.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:17 PM   #927
tracygotrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Private Messaging should work now.
Thank you very much!
Old 06-04-2019, 06:40 AM   #928
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracygotrocks View Post
1. Format the new SD drive. I haven't formatted an SD drive before but with hard drives they have different format types. Does a Kobo SD drive have a recommended format type?
There is no need to format the SD card; the imagewrite overwrites the entire card including the formatting.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2019, 05:14 PM   #929
tracygotrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
There is no need to format the SD card; the imagewrite overwrites the entire card including the formatting.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Thanks Peter. By the way, do you have a recommendation for a flash image writer? I can't find the recommended one from an old thread a few year back.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:26 PM   #930
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I've not done a restore for some time, but I seem to remember that I did use Etcher at one point; at least it's cross platform, and open source, and is still being developed.

See https://www.balena.io/etcher/
Closed Thread