Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-16-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
grissley
Enthusiast
grissley has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.grissley has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.grissley has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.grissley has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-950sc
Metadata in languages other than eng?

Is there any possibility of choosing other site(s) than isbndb.com/GoogleBooks to be the source of metadata?

I mean, whatever is the ebook language, the tags, comments etc in metadata downloaded are in english. Also the covers are of the english editions.
Any easy way of having this in the original ebook language?
grissley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:20 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There are a few language specific plugins, look under preferences->plugins->metadata download plugins and disable the ones you dont want and replace with the ones you want. I believe there are plugins for french and chhinese sources currently.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2010, 07:08 AM   #3
grissley
Enthusiast
grissley has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.grissley has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.grissley has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.grissley has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-950sc
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I believe there are plugins for french and chhinese sources currently.
Correct. French I will probably use a little
Any chances for other languages?
I mean, if I'd like to have a plugin importing metadata from polish isbn databases, I should probably have it written by s.one here, in Poland, right?
grissley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:58 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I am always happy to get new plugins for calibre. Language specific ones are disabled by default, unless the user chooses that language in the welcome wizard.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote