Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 12-10-2005, 11:34 PM   #1
alvmitchel
alvmitchel began at the beginning.

Device: TungstenE
Question Running in Minimized Mode

:

Was looking for a clipper to use while I try Mozilla. Finally found Sunrise and Plucker. Works fine and I am thrilled.

Apparently Sunrise must be running before the whole setup works. So, I put Sunrise exe in the Startup directory. Sure enough, it starts up. But then I have to minimize it. I checked "run minimized" but the whole thing comes up when the machine boots up. Running Windows XP Pro. Is there any way to cure this minor inconvenience? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Alvin S.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:07 AM   #2
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvmitchel
Apparently Sunrise must be running before the whole setup works. So, I put Sunrise exe in the Startup directory. Sure enough, it starts up. But then I have to minimize it. I checked "run minimized" but the whole thing comes up when the machine boots up. Running Windows XP Pro. Is there any way to cure this minor inconvenience?
Use "sunrise.exe -trayicon" in your startup shortcut.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:56 AM   #3
alvmitchel

Question Running in Minimized Mode

Doesn't seem to work. Should the exe file itself go into startup? Or, can a shortcut go there? Do any other files from Sunrise have to go there? Can they be shortcuts or must they be the original file?

New Question. Any way to get the clipped files sent to the memory card in my TE? If not, any way to move them to the mempry card? If so, what would the path be?

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Alvin S.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:36 AM   #4
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Create a shortcut to sunrise.exe and paste that into your startup group.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:35 PM   #5
alvmitchel

Question Minimized Mode

I have tried all of your suggestions but it still opens a big Sunrise window and does not appear in the tray? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 12-11-2005, 02:15 PM   #6
Laurens
Jah Blessed

1. Open Windows Explorer and go to the Sunrise installation directory.
  2. Right-click on sunrise.exe and select Create Shortcut
  3. Right-click on the shortcut and select Properties
  4. In the Target box fill in "C:\Program Files\Sunrise\sunrise.exe" -trayicon (or wherever Sunrise is installed) and select OK
  5. Double-click on the shortcut to verify that Sunrise starts in the tray. (You'll still see the splash screen pop up.)
  6. Copy or cut the shortcut to the clipboard.
  7. Right-click on the Start menu button and select Explore all users (actual command might be different depending on your configuration)
  8. Navigate to the Startup menu group and paste the shortcut in there.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:32 PM   #7
alvmitchel

It worked. Thank you so very much.

Alvin S.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:44 AM   #8
themuddler
themuddler began at the beginning.

Device: HX4700
Running Minimised

"Use "sunrise.exe -trayicon" in your startup shortcut."

Is this still supported in SunriseXP? I'd like, if possible, for SunriseXP to work in the background but it tends to pop up in front of whatever I'm doing when updating. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Altogether, a wonderful program which has had a great deal of use by me! Thanks.