micnic
micnic began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX
Question Sunrise XP clip not works in Firefox v2.0.0.1

Sunrise XP clip not works in Firefox v2.0.0.1
I can't install Sunrise XP clip in Mozilla Firefox v2.0.0.1
How I can do it?

(And:
"This product has reached the end of its lifespan and will no longer be updated."
Really?
What reason?

As on PC possible to read .pdb -a file (Plucker or Blazer)?
Old 12-20-2006, 05:59 AM   #2
nm_pereira
nm_pereira began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten E
I have FF version v2.0 and the update manager says that Sunrise XP is not going to work on FF 2.0.0.1.

Since the last version of Sunrise XP was 3 days ago, are you planning a new release to fix this issue?

If it is not, and support is not going to be done, have you thought of releasing Sunrise XP as open source for community support?
Old 12-20-2006, 08:56 AM   #3
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
This is a major annoyance with Firefox. Every time they release a new version, you have to update the maxVersion flag in the extension manifest. I've increased the maxVersion flag to "10.0"; hopefully that'll be enough for the next couple of years. Simply download the updated version marked "2.03a".
Old 12-20-2006, 09:07 AM   #4
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm_pereira
If it is not, and support is not going to be done, have you thought of releasing Sunrise XP as open source for community support?
Not possible due to use of some non-OSS libraries. These would have to be replaced with new implementations first, but I doubt I'll ever get round to this.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:34 AM   #5
Laurens
Jah Blessed

If you already have Firefox 2.0.0.1 installed and the Sunrise XP extension is grayed out, you need to do the following to properly update it to the latest version.
  1. Uninstall Sunrise XP using "Control Panel -> Add Remove Programs"
  2. Close and restart Firefox. This ensures that Firefox sees that the Sunrise XP and the browser extension has been uninstalled.
  3. Reinstall Sunrise XP 2.03a.
  4. Close and restart Firefox again. Verify that the Sunrise XP extension is present by selecting "Tools -> Add-ons" from the main menu.

Last edited by Laurens; 12-22-2006 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Clarifications
Old 12-22-2006, 07:28 AM   #6
wildeny
wildeny began at the beginning.

Device: vivlio Touch HD Plus (PB632)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurens
  1. Uninstall Sunrise XP
  2. Close and restart Firefox. This ensures that Firefox sees that the extension has been uninstalled.
  3. Reinstall Sunrise XP 2.03a
  4. Close and restart Firefox again. Verify that the Sunrise XP extension is present by selecting "Tools -> Add-ons" from the main menu.
I couldn't uninstall Sunrise XP in Firefox, so I installed Sunrise XP 2.03a directly. But the new extension cannot be recognized and cannot be uninstalled. What should I do?

Last edited by wildeny; 12-22-2006 at 07:49 AM.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:32 AM   #7
DTM
Intentionally Left Blank
DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildeny
I couldn't uninstall Sunrise XP in Firefox, so I installed Sunrise XP 2.03a directly. But the new extension cannot be recognized and cannot be uninstalled. What should I do?
You are correct that you can't uninstall Sunrise XP from Firefox. You must go to the Windows Control Panel and open Add or Remove Programs. From there, you uninstall Sunrise XP. Then, close Firefox and reopen it. After that, install the new verision of Sunrise XP--being sure to check the box to install the Firefox extension--and it will now work again.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:27 AM   #8
wildeny
wildeny began at the beginning.

Device: vivlio Touch HD Plus (PB632)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM
You are correct that you can't uninstall Sunrise XP from Firefox. You must go to the Windows Control Panel and open Add or Remove Programs.
Thanks a lot. I misunderstood the above procedure. Now it works fine.