Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-07-2018, 04:06 PM   #76
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
It's not necessarily malice, it's NOT following through on your word. If you promise ("guarantee") two day shipping, produce it or quit promising it. If you promise ("guarantee") that your sellers will act honorably, then force them to do so. Either that or put up a "buyer beware" notification on the Amazon Marketplace instead of a bogus "A-to-z Guarantee." You can't promise what you don't deliver and expect that it won't – eventually – damage your business. And I think it's beginning to damage Amazon's business. It seems like a lot of times corporations get complacent once they've gotten too big. I think Amazon is at that stage.
+1

It really is very simple.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 04:38 PM   #77
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I hate hate prime and amazon outside of ebooks and kindle. They always drop my package at the apt office 3 blocks away and they are closed so they dump it outside of the building in an unlocked area where any one of 300 people that live here can steal it let alone a homeless person steal it . Ya I am in the inner city. I have to watch delivery status and as soon as it says delivered I have to run 3 blocks like a bat out of hell to find my packaged tossed aside before its stolen. Yes I will be home to accept delivery buyt thy never once try to actually deliver to me . They have a distribution center here so I think they use their own people to deliver when it comes to prime or DSL.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 05:37 PM   #78
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Moderator Notice
Let's get back on track please. You're free to create a new thread (in the proper subforum) if you'd like to continue your discussion about Amazon's delivery service/practices. Thank you.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:42 PM   #79
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've noticed that a lot of the time, Amazon Logistics delivers late. They can deliver up to 8pm and I feel that any delivery after 6pm is late.
We got one package after 10:30 P.M. once. And we have an Amazon distribution center about five miles north of us.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:44 PM   #80
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Let's get back on track please. You're free to create a new thread (in the proper subforum) if you'd like to continue your discussion about Amazon's delivery service/practices. Thank you.
Just saw the notice after posting. Sorry. No more.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:43 AM   #81
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Just speculating because I'm looking for distraction...

At first I downloaded the PDF from the FCC and wondered if there was any chance that the label on the A4 PDF page was fitted at 100% - which would make it a 7.8" screen.

However, when I printed out the page I realised that the header (buttons and "Settings") is too large when compared to the same display on my Aura One. So then I tried resizing the page display until I got the header into proportions that seemed reasonably similar to the display on my Aura One, and that came up with a 6" screen.

So if anyone's making book, I'll put my money on 6", 300 dpi.

(I was going to keep this guess to myself - but where's the fun in that? )
Hmmm... I'm hoping for something a little more exciting than just a another 6" reader.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:17 AM   #82
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
The image resolution is 718x958, there is no Ink screen at that resolution, if keep the ratio and change the resolution the only resolution that fit is 600x800.

Last edited by oren64; 04-10-2018 at 11:20 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:29 PM   #83
rAntonov
rAntonov began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
No e-ink color screen either?
rAntonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:33 PM   #84
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rAntonov View Post
No e-ink color screen either?
There is a 5.6in screen with red color.

Last edited by oren64; 04-10-2018 at 02:24 PM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 03:08 PM   #85
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
The image resolution is 718x958, there is no Ink screen at that resolution, if keep the ratio and change the resolution the only resolution that fit is 600x800.
I wondered if it was possible to compare the images in the FCC filings for "known" devices like the KA1, and this Clara.

Here's the "About" screen at the FCC for the KA1

Here's the "About" screen at the FCC for the Clara

You'll note the image for the KA1 looks nothing like the About screen for an actual KA1, so I'm not sure you can extrapolate anything from the Clara's About screen.
chrisridd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:04 PM   #86
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
chrissridd, I'm not sure it's possible to extrapolate either, but thought it was amusing to try. Take a look at the header on both pages, the top-left and top-right button images in particular. Clara obviously comes from a significantly smaller screen zoomed in; I'm guessing a 6" screen.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 01:19 AM   #87
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I'm betting on a 1072x1448 resolution My WEG specs are 6", 300DPI using the eInk ED060KC1 display module with added RGB frontlight, HZO waterproofing, i.MX6SLL processor, mass storage will be 8GB eMMC and 512MB/1GB LPDDR3 RAM -- I'd like to see 1GB but suspect 512MB is the more likely configuration.

The processor is based on it's use in the Rev 2 versions of Kobo's H2O V2 and Aura V2 ereaders.

Last edited by DNSB; 04-11-2018 at 01:22 AM. Reason: fat fingers cause typos...
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 02:57 AM   #88
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I'm betting on a 1072x1448 resolution My WEG specs are 6", 300DPI using the eInk ED060KC1 display module with added RGB frontlight, HZO waterproofing, i.MX6SLL processor, mass storage will be 8GB eMMC and 512MB/1GB LPDDR3 RAM -- I'd like to see 1GB but suspect 512MB is the more likely configuration.
That's what I was hoping would be released when the Aura ONE was released and the Glo HD was discontinued. And I think my "Glo ONE" was a better name

The 1GB RAM would be a good idea, but I agree it isn't likely.
Quote:
The processor is based on it's use in the Rev 2 versions of Kobo's H2O V2 and Aura V2 ereaders.
I think that's safe bet.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:46 AM   #89
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I'm betting on a 1072x1448 resolution My WEG specs are 6", 300DPI using the eInk ED060KC1 display module with added RGB frontlight, HZO waterproofing, i.MX6SLL processor, mass storage will be 8GB eMMC and 512MB/1GB LPDDR3 RAM.
That would be a "buy it now" for me. I've wanted a 6" HD waterproof reader for a while now. Enough that I was checking into Glowlight Pluses, though I want a little more storage than the Plus has.

I thought I didn't really care about color changing frontlight. But reading in a darkened room at night, my Aura is way more glaring than the Glowlight 3. It doesn't really bother me, but the better half will complain about the light.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:26 AM   #90
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
That would be a "buy it now" for me. I've wanted a 6" HD waterproof reader for a while now. Enough that I was checking into Glowlight Pluses, though I want a little more storage than the Plus has.
It will be a, "Why do you need another ereader?" for me. That, of course, will be asked by my wife.

And I actually have an answer: Because you have my Aura ONE!

Does anyone think that will work?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote