Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 12-11-2004, 10:56 PM   #1
strat
strat began at the beginning.

Suddenly Sunrise is crashing

I'm not sure what happened here. I have been using Sunrise for quite some time. Then recently it started crashing on startup. I renamed my Sunrise file and can get Sunrise to open. But if I try to start a new list or load the old one, it crashes with no error message. I can load the showcase with no problem but I can't make a new list to copy an item from the showcase into it. Had to revert back to JPluck which seems to work, but way slower. Anyone have any ideas? I'm using WinXP Home and have 1gig RAM.

Dave
Old 12-13-2004, 04:17 AM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Dave, I had a similar problem, also with Sunrise crashing on (an earlier version though). Did you try reinstalling it? That helped in my case. Or even reinstalling Java might help.

Wish I could be more helpful... please keep us informed if my suggestion was of help to you.

Tad
Old 12-13-2004, 09:37 AM   #3
strat

Hi Tad

Thanks for your input, I did try reinstalling Sunrise but that didn't help. I think you're probably right that a reinstall of Java may be the next thing to do. It seems like the likely culprit here.

Thanks for your help,
Dave
Old 12-13-2004, 10:43 AM   #4
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
You might want to try deleting the cache database. It may have become corrupted.

Instructions here
Old 12-13-2004, 12:55 PM   #5
strat

Thanks Laurens,

I'll give that a try when I get home tonight.

Dave
Old 12-15-2004, 09:01 PM   #6
strat

Hi Laurens,

I deleted the database folder and still had the same problem. As soon as I either try to add a new item or open an existing document list, sunrise closes with no error message. I haven't tried reinstalling Java yet so maybe I'll try that. I can open the showcase by the way. But when I try to add a destination to one of the items, it crashes.

Thanks
Dave
Old 12-16-2004, 02:55 PM   #7
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
I just uploaded the Sunrise v0.40 prelease. You might have better results with this version.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:56 AM   #8
strat

I'll give it a try on when I get home tonight. Please check my message over at the 4.0 release thread as I had a crash issue with it on my work computer.

Dave