Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-22-2021, 06:56 AM   #46
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
They do have a bundle for the PWSE, dock, fabric cover, no ads for $230, so $20 less than above. Similar bundles with the leather or cork covers are $10-$20 more. The bundle is eligible for the 20% off trade-in too, so might save even more that way if the trade-in 20% doesn't cover the accessories when purchased separately.
Available just in time for Christmas.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 11:41 AM   #47
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
That's the earliest you can get the stand either way. Guess people will need to decide if saving $20 worth waiting about a month for the Kindle itself.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2021, 01:55 PM   #48
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Yep. I was thinking along those lines myself. I have an H2O1, look to the left, but for that outlay and those specs, I’d have to decide whether I’d prefer a Libra or a Paperwhite 5.

As things stand now, I have a Glo that’s a book repository given its micro SD card slot; however, there are signs it might not last much longer. In that case, it would make sense to pop the SD card into the H2O and make that the repository and buy a Libra to take over for the H2O. OTOH, the advantage of the Paperwhite 5 would be direct access to my Kindle library on eink, which would be handy.

Well, the bottom line is that I’m obviously sufficiently deviced and I can wait on developments. Mostly it’s just fun to think about.
Given that my H2O is still working and the battery still lasting long enough between charges, I'm waiting to see what Kobo eventually comes out with for a Forma replacement.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 02:19 PM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koboy View Post
the point i was making is i'd like a 6 inch Kindle with the warmlight function. i mentioned the PW4 because imo it's the obvious choice.

best wishes koboy
If Amazon is going to keep a 6" screen Kindle, bring back the PW3 and dump the PW4.
Old 09-22-2021, 02:37 PM   #50
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If Amazon is going to keep a 6" screen Kindle, bring back the PW3 and dump the PW4.
it's seems nonsensical to me that Amazon wouldn't want to have a 6" Kindle with the warmlight. although common and sense aren't two words that always go together. i won't be surprised if they drop the PW4 completely and just keep the basic Kindle. i doubt they'll upgrade the basic kindle with the warmlight. my own interest is i'd like a 6" Kindle with the warmlight that had 32GB of storage.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2021, 01:42 PM   #51
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by koboy View Post
it's seems nonsensical to me that Amazon wouldn't want to have a 6" Kindle with the warmlight. although common and sense aren't two words that always go together. i won't be surprised if they drop the PW4 completely and just keep the basic Kindle. i doubt they'll upgrade the basic kindle with the warmlight. my own interest is i'd like a 6" Kindle with the warmlight that had 32GB of storage.

best wishes koboy
To me, 32GB seems a bit excessive for a 6" screen Reader. The Kindle Basic is not worth adding an orange LED to. It's obsolete. Bring back the PW3 and add the warm light to that and drop the basic and PW4.
Old 09-23-2021, 02:08 PM   #52
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
A warm light doesn't help the 167 dpi Basic Screen.
The 32 GB isn't excessive for Chinese and Japanese or Manga. I agree that 8 G is likely 6,000+ regular novels which would take nearly 40 years to read at about one every 2 days. But it will be 32 GiB total including OS and because it's almost as cheap as 8 now.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 03:49 PM   #53
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
One word on what 32 GB Kindles are good for: Audible.

(But my phone does Audible way better than my kindles, so...)
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 12:49 AM   #54
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post

This. On both counts.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 03:46 PM   #55
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Wowzer! I ordered a Signature on the first day it was listed and was given an estimated delivery date of Nov. 11 -19. Today I got an email updating the delivery date to Oct. 19! Fantastic!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 03:50 PM   #56
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Kindle PW5 & Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
Are you sure it's not 29 ?
Mine just got updated to 29 here in Canada ( but did not receive an email for that)
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 05:43 PM   #57
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almamida View Post
Are you sure it's not 29 ?
Mine just got updated to 29 here in Canada ( but did not receive an email for that)
Oops! You're right! 29 - excited fingers typing
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 11:58 PM   #58
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post

Around here, Audible says that using an eInk Kindle for audio books is not yet supported but they are studying the issue. At which point, I asked the tech why Audible in the USA supports Kindle eInk devices if they haven't finished their testing? I was then told that they are two separate companies and the policies of Audible USA have no effect on those of Audible Canada. I dropped the phone while LMAO.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 05:36 AM   #59
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Audible is owned and controlled by Amazon, though most here would know that.

@DNSB, crazy mismanagement.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote