Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-22-2011, 03:05 AM   #1
KDinFLA
KDinFLA began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel (the white one)
Problems with OverDrive & library?

For a while now, I've been enjoying downloading library books directly to my Novel using OverDrive. We have cards from several libraries, and I've been able to d/l from all of them. Both ePub and MP3 audiobooks were available to my Novel.

As of Wed, though, I'm getting a message that ePub books and MP3 books, as well as Kindle books, are NOT available to d/l directly. This is happening on all my library sites. I'm running the latest version of OverDrive for Android.

Wonder if the new Kindle/library interaction affected other formats? Anyone else having a problem, or is it just me?

Kathleen
KDinFLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:21 AM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
What are you talking about? You "Devices" says "None."

Are you talking about a novel you wrote? is Novel an android device? How are you checking out books? There were some issues noted in other threads about checking out KINDLE books using a portable device...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2011, 01:55 PM   #3
KDinFLA
KDinFLA began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel (the white one)
What am I talking about? Huh, I suppose I wasn't clear enough.

I'm now having trouble downloading directly from library sites to my Pandigital Novel (and yes, it is an Android device), using OverDrive. Not a novel I've written, but published books in ePub format.

And thanks for the heads up about listing my ereader in my profile.

Kathleen
KDinFLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:25 PM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
If this is a change in behavior then it is very likely due to the change in OverDrive -- e.g. adding Kindle books.

Not sure I can be any additional help other than to ask in the pandigital and/or kindle forums and perhaps check with pandigital support.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote