Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-13-2017, 07:11 AM   #16
cabcool
cabcool began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
I also just downloaded the 5.9.2.0.1 firmware manually and transferred it to my device (not updating it yet, just checking if I was able, which I am), so I'll wait to get a report back on if its functional.

One thing to note (you most likely know this) but after transferring the update called "update_kindle_all_new_paperwhite_5.9.2.0.1.bi n" to the root of my Paperwhite, ejecting to check if I could update, then hooking it back up to my pc, the update .bin changed name on the device to "update-3262860017-f872f1f2-7d20-4a21-b59d-9cccaf8cfe63.bin".
This probably isn't helpful at all, but I thought it was worth noting.

One question though, even if you are able to jailbreak on 5.9.2.0.1 would any of the hacks work for it? (Mostly interested in the screensaver hack)

Thanks for reading.
cabcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 07:36 AM   #17
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Anything which works for 5.9.2 should also work for 5.9.2.0.1
When, if ever, we have anything that works on 5.9.2.

The file rename is how Amazon/Lab126 defeats our previous "universal jail break".
Been that way for nearly 3 years now.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2017, 08:33 AM   #18
cabcool

Ah, thank you for clarifying :P

What are the odds/progress of getting things working on 5.9.2(.X.X) so far?
Old 12-13-2017, 09:40 AM   #19
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabcool View Post
Ah, thank you for clarifying :P

What are the odds/progress of getting things working on 5.9.2(.X.X) so far?
No work is being done on any add-ins that I know of.
There is a prototype replacement for KUAL, but the author hasn't packaged it for testing yet.

Mostly, people are waiting for me to finish the new update bridge code.
In addition to the new progress messages already seen here, the new bridge code will be able to bridge any/all the update_*.bin package name format add-ins.
(This feature will require changes to the contents of every update_install_*.bin and update_uninstall_*.bin package. Which is why package authors are waiting on me.)
Old 12-13-2017, 11:22 AM   #20
cabcool

Ah okay I see, are the add-ins not being worked on because they also need the updated bridge code, or have the authors just gone onto other things?

Anyway take your time, and thank you for the responses.
Hopefully Ill be able to make my kindle how I want it in the near future
Advert
Old 12-13-2017, 12:40 PM   #21
knc1
Going Viral

Everyone here works independently.
There is no central control or information point.

If they post something, then they must have been doing something.

There are neither schedules nor pay.
Old 12-13-2017, 01:55 PM   #22
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Everyone here works independently.
There is no central control or information point.

If they post something, then they must have been doing something.

There are neither schedules nor pay.
I thought you were making big bucks here.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 02:03 PM   #23
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
I thought you were making big bucks here.
Well, don't forget that gift of a new Oasis.
That probably brings my pay rate up to some number of pennies per hour (or $0.02 an answer).
Which is more than others are getting (other than the ad revenue Alex collects).
Old 01-18-2018, 11:56 PM   #24
axaxaxas
axaxaxas began at the beginning.

Quote:
Since it is not a PW3 running 5.9.2.0.1 firmware the answer is: No.
You can not jailbreak your device/firmware combination.
I have a PW3 running 5.9.2.0.1 firmware and I can't downgrade with the "update_PW3_5.7.4_initial.bin" file.
It says "UPDATE ERROR: 15".

Any ideas?

THANK YOU!
axaxaxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:54 PM   #25
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by axaxaxas View Post
I have a PW3 running 5.9.2.0.1 firmware and I can't downgrade with the "update_PW3_5.7.4_initial.bin" file.
It says "UPDATE ERROR: 15".

Any ideas?

THANK YOU!
Your only option is the serial jailbreak.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 06:07 AM   #26
philip_goule
Enthusiast
philip_goule began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite2
Question My kpw3 firmware is 5.9.2.0.1.If there is anyway I can jailbreak my kpw3 now?

Quote:
Anything which works for 5.9.2 should also work for 5.9.2.0.1
When, if ever, we have anything that works on 5.9.2.

The file rename is how Amazon/Lab126 defeats our previous "universal jail break".
Been that way for nearly 3 years now.
My kpw3 firmware is 5.9.2.0.1.If there is anyway I can jailbreak my kpw3?
philip_goule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 08:00 AM   #27
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip_goule View Post
My kpw3 firmware is 5.9.2.0.1.If there is anyway I can jailbreak my kpw3?
Scroll to bottom of page.
Find link titled: "Guidelines"
Click it.
Read the section about double posting.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:34 AM   #28
philip_goule
Enthusiast

Quote:
Find link titled: "Guidelines"
Click it.
Read the section about double posting.
sorry, I'm not a native English speaker.
philip_goule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:42 AM   #29
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip_goule View Post
sorry, I'm not a native English speaker.
What language is your native language?
I can probably find an on-line translation of:
No double posting.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:30 AM   #30
philip_goule
Enthusiast

Quote: