Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-01-2013, 09:29 PM   #31
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post

And since I have to read everything in order, I checked out the first one. How come its 2.99 on amazon, but on DANL its 4.89 as the member price. I mean duh.
Exactly! DANL is no longer really keeping up the website. Sourcebooks is still marking down books and updating their specials page but DANL people seem to be not keeping up with it. You can no longer see what's on sale or what's been mark down. You still have to use credits on anything that was a past selection there is no way to buy it and keep your credits if is on sale. The only thing going for it is the 6 credits for $10
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #32
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
I am eyeing the Rosanne Bittner title. I want to read more historical western stuff. But I never read her. Has anyone here read her? Is she usually good?

Her "older" stuff seems to be getting some really good reviews on goodreads.

Its a good price to try her out in any case.
I wish she would released her older stuff! I am happy to see another author writing historical westerns. I can think of very few who still do this. I will probably go for it. I already have the Kris book on hold at the library.
Advert
Old 07-02-2013, 06:59 AM   #33
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Crimson Romance Sale @ Amazon $1.99

Amazon sale starts TODAY! All titles published between 6/4/12-6/3/13 are $1.99!

Grab them here!

Note: Let me just say if you're going to spent more than $13 on their books. it's just cheaper to buy a one month membership. You get access to all titles past, present and those released during the month you are a member. You can cancel at any time through the website.
This may be dumb question, but are you really purchasing the titles? Once you download a file, you can do whatever you want with it (i.e. Calibre it to our hearts content)? I'm asking because it keeps talking about 'access' to the titles while you are a member, not actually saying you have the opportunity to purchase as many titles as you want for $13 (which, frankly, sounds too good to be true).
laurla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:59 AM   #34
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Is it just my imagination or are the pickins pretty slim for the first of the month?
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #35
JNCalif
Enthusiast
JNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle
From Crimson's FAQs:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the Crimson Romance eBook Club?
The Crimson Romance eBook Book Club is an online book club where readers get "all you can read" access to a collection of 175+ ebooks from Crimson Romance. We publish romance ebooks from national bestselling authors and in various sub genres including historical, paranormal, spicy, romantic suspense and contemporary, with 15-20 new titles added every month. Both monthly and yearly membership options are available. And there's never any risk, nor obligation!
Which devices can I read my Crimson Romance eBooks on?
You can read our eBooks on most devices.
Select Read Online to read online with the site's online eReader. (Note: You must be online to use this eReader. An option to read your eBook offline is to download and utilize other eReader software such as Adobe Digital Editions.)
Select Download Mobi to read the eBook on your Kindle. See the FAQ#13 for steps to loading the mobi file onto your Kindle.
Select Download ePub to read the eBook on other eReaders such as the Nook, Sony Reader, Kobo, iPad, smartphones, etc.

Those of you on Android devices will be able to read your ebooks this way via our browser based reader (just make sure you have Flash enabled).

To read about downloading and using ePub files on your smartphone or eReader checkout this article by Squidoo.com Everything You Need To Know About ePub eBooks.

How can I change my contact information?
When you log in and you're taken to your MY BOOKS page, simply go to My Folder and click the Profile Settings option. You'll be able to update your contact & other information there.

You may also click on your user name at the top righthand corner of the site, when you're logged in. This will quickly take you to your Profile Settings page.
Are these the same versions of your books that I see at other online vendors?
Yes, these are the full versions of the Crimson Romance books.
How often are new ebooks added?
Crimson Romance publishes and releases 15-20 new titles each month.
What subscription options are available? And how much does a subscription cost?

Presently, you can subscribe to Crimson Romance eBooks & gain access to ALL of the ebooks in the library for the monthly rate of $12.99 or for the special price of just $59.99 for an entire year. That's an amazing deal, since if you bought each of these books individually you would spend hundreds of dollars and we are always adding more!
Is this a secure site for ordering?
Yes. When entering your credit card information to make a purchase, your credit data is secured using PayPal's VeriSign Secured transaction process. PayPal is one of the most trusted providers of online payment processing on the Internet. Please note that your full credit card number is never stored on our servers. For added security, our employees never have access to your full credit card number.
What credit cards to you accept?
We accept the following major credit cards: VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
Can I download the ebooks or digital back issues?
The Crimson Romance eBook Book Club Model allows access to the full collection of Crimson Romance eBooks. Individual titles may be downloaded at Amazon, iTunes and Barnes & Noble's online stores.
Are these books available in print?
Currently, these titles are only available in eBook or POD form.
What happens when my subscription expires?
When your subscription expires, you'll no longer have access to the ebook collection. However, you can easily renew your subscription to regain access your favorite Crimson Romance ebooks.
Is there a limit to how many times I can access an individual title?
There is no limit to how many times you can access your favorite ebooks. You can read and re-read any title as many times as you like, as long as you're a subscriber.
Can I print the eBook?
The eBook is protected, so that only 1 page can be printed at a time.
How do I read the eBooks on an Amazon Kindle?

To read the device on your Kindle follow these steps:
Click the Download Mobi button on the eBooks page and remember where this file is being saved.
Connect your Kindle to your computer with a Micro USB cable or email the file as an attachment to your Kindle email address. If your Kindle is connected to wi-fi, within a few minutes the book will show up on your device.
Go into Computer (or My Computer in Windows XP) and look for a new removable disk (Kindle Fire shows up as being 4.99 GB). Double click the drive to open it.
Find the Documents folder on the drive and open it.
Copy your .mobi file into this folder.
Wait for the file copy to complete and then disconnect your Kindle from your computer.
Go into Documents on your Kindle. Your recently added book(s) will show up in your documents and are ready to open and read.
How do I cancel my subscription?
If at any time you wish to cancel your subscription, simply go to your account by clicking your username in the top right and then click "Manage Subscription".
JNCalif is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #36
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I wish she would released her older stuff! I am happy to see another author writing historical westerns. I can think of very few who still do this. I will probably go for it. I already have the Kris book on hold at the library.
Have you seen those old Madeline Bakers on Kobo? There are quite a number of them I am working on acquiring the ones I don't already have.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #37
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Couple of good deals today, I have both [now], unread, but both very highly rated at Goodreads.
$.99 Charade by Nyrae Dawn
blurb: Nineteen-year-old Cheyenne tries to portray the perfect life to mask the memories of her past. Walking in on her boyfriend with another woman her freshman year in college threatens that picture of perfection.

Twenty-one-year-old Colt never wanted college and never expected to amount to anything, but when his mom's dying wish is for him to get his degree, he has no choice but to pretend it's what he wants too.

Cheyenne needs a fake boyfriend to get back at her ex and Colt needs cash to take care of his mom, so they strike a deal that helps them both. But what if Cheyenne’s past isn’t what she thought? Soon they’re trading one charade for another—losing themselves in each other to forget about their pain. The more they play their game, the more it becomes the only thing they have that feels real.

Both Cheyenne and Colt know life is never easy, but neither of them expect the tragedy that threatens to end their charade and rip them apart forever.

Mature content: language, drug references and sexual situations.

$2.99 On the Island by Tracey Garvis Graves
blurb: Two people stranded on an island struggle to survive—and slowly fall in love—in the runaway New York Times bestseller from the author of the forthcoming novel COVET.

Anna Emerson is a thirty-year-old English teacher desperately in need of adventure. Worn down by the cold Chicago winters and a relationship that’s going nowhere, she jumps at the chance to spend the summer on a tropical island tutoring sixteen-year-old T.J.

T.J. Callahan has no desire to go anywhere. His cancer is in remission and he wants to get back to his normal life. But his parents are insisting he spend the summer in the Maldives catching up on all the school he missed last year.

Anna and T.J. board a private plane headed to the Callahan’s summer home, and as they fly over the Maldives’ twelve hundred islands, the unthinkable happens. Their plane crashes in shark-infested waters. They make it to shore, but soon discover that they’re stranded on an uninhabited island.

At first, their only thought is survival. But as the days turn to weeks, and then months, the castaways encounter plenty of other obstacles, including violent tropical storms, the many dangers lurking in the sea, and the possibility that T.J.’s cancer could return. As T.J. celebrates yet another birthday on the island, Anna begins to wonder if the biggest challenge of all might be living with a boy who is gradually becoming a man.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #38
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, on sale for $.99 Ever Enough - Stacey Borel

and a freebie I grabbed [nice cover!] Eternity - TMonique Stephens
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #39
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurla View Post
This may be dumb question, but are you really purchasing the titles? Once you download a file, you can do whatever you want with it (i.e. Calibre it to our hearts content)? I'm asking because it keeps talking about 'access' to the titles while you are a member, not actually saying you have the opportunity to purchase as many titles as you want for $13 (which, frankly, sounds too good to be true).
Yep you have them forever. I know it sounds too good to be true but you can download the whole catalog if you want there is no limit. The books are in epub and mobi format plus they are DRM free.
Usually 5 new books are released every week. I signed up when they had a promo going so mine is only $9.99 a month which is worth all the new titles I get each month.

Once you are no longer a member you wont be able to redownload anything so back up anything you grab!
Old 07-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #40
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattncat View Post
Have you seen those old Madeline Bakers on Kobo? There are quite a number of them I am working on acquiring the ones I don't already have.
No I haven't I have some of her blush titles though.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #41
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
Is it just my imagination or are the pickins pretty slim for the first of the month?
Slim isn't the word it's nonexistent. 8 new books today that's it no slush pile just slush.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #42
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Free @ Amazon

If I Never Knew You Trilogy Bundle by Aubrey Bailey
New Adult Contemporary 17+ sex and language

Quote:
Three Book Trilogy Bundle - Get All Three Stories for One Low Price
- If I Never Knew You
- To Know You Is To Love You
- To Love Once Again Is To Love Again

If I Never Knew You: Madison Summers is an eighteen-year-old high school graduate who, due to her father’s recent departure, is charged with the task of taking care of her mother and little brother, Andy. However, working double shifts at the Wayside Restaurant can barely pay the bills, and having a manipulative boyfriend, Damian, leaves her little time for her to spend with her family.
When she meets Andy’s friend, Orion, at work one day, she can’t help but immediately picture this new friend as her knight in shining armor. She soon falls in love with him behind the back of her controlling and abusive boyfriend. Afraid to leave him for another man, Madison is faced with a very important choice that could change her life forever.
Can she turn her secret life with Orion into her new life?
Will she be able to meet the consequences of betraying Damian?
When Madison’s past collides with her present, everything is doomed to fall to pieces. However, with the help of her brother, can she make it out with everything she’s ever wanted…or will she be left with nothing?

To Know You Is To Love You: Flash forward twenty years after the Madison is rescued from her abusive boyfriend by Orion, they now have a twenty-year-old son, Noah, and a sixteen-year-old daughter, Riley. Now it is Riley’s turn to deal with her own problems at Kennewa High School. With the help from her friends and family, will she be able to balance her time between her successful band, The Valentinas, and the school play she is writing? Will she be able to choose between her current boyfriend, Preston, and her long-time friend, Landon?
When shady figures from her parents’ past re-emerge, Riley’s life is thrown into a tailspin of danger and emotion. The pressure from her record company and writing her school’s play begin to weigh her down, badly. Will her family and friends be able to help her along the way, or will she have to save herself?
Or will she make it safely out of high school at all?

To Love Once Again Is To Love Again: Four years after Riley Pratt and Landon Callahan are separated seemingly forever, their lives collide once again. Riley’s band, The Valentinas, are world famous and still growing. Landon Callahan is a famous actor living in Hollywood. When his director decides to cast them together in his next project, the twists and turns of their lives are on stage for the whole world to see.
Although they have moved on since high school, Riley and Landon must deal with rising emotions, fickle feelings and a stressed-out director. Throw in talk shows, movie deals and plenty of drama, and the two star-struck lovers’ worlds are turned upside down.
Will their past catch up to them? Will the stress of living under spotlights break their spirits? Will they find love, or will heartbreak find them first?
In the end, they have to decide if it was all worth it.
For Riley and Landon, this is the grand finale.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #43
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

On Sale @ Nook Store $1.99

Nook Deal of the Day

Scoundrel for Hire by Adrienne deWolfe
(Velvet Lies, Book 1)
Publisher: ePublishing Works! (2013)
Original Publisher: Avon (2000)
Note: Amazon is being lazy. No price match.

Original Blurb:
Quote:
A SECRET LIAISON

Only desperation could drive Silver Nichols to strike a bargain with Raphael Jones. Their liaison is strictly business: she secretly hires the devilishly charming scalawag to save her beloved millionaire father from a nefarious golddigger. But Rafe isn't a man who plays by the rules, and the rugged Colorado wilderness offers no shelter from his forbidden caress. Their clandestine meetings leave Silver breathless, yearning for the fiery kisses that could make her whole world go up in smoke.

She's wealthy-and she's up to no good. To Rafe's mind, that makes Silver and her millions fair game. With her fortune as his goal, he sets out to seduce the savvy black-haired siren-only to discover that Silver's cool veneer hides a vulnerable soul and a burning passion. Now who's wooing for riches and who for love? In this high-stakes game, dare the inveterate scoundrel wager the one thing he can never afford to lose-his heart?

Old 07-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #44
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
This months "Kindle Deals - $3.99 or less"...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...6171&plgroup=5

The Marriage Mistake (Marriage to a Billionaire) by Jennifer Probst - $2.99

Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean - $1.99

Fire Dance by Delle Jacobs - $0.99

Sweet Tea and Secrets (An Adams Grove Novel) by Nancy Naigle - $1.99

Wild by Jill Barnett - $1.99

The Challenge (Rystani Warrior 1) by Susan Kearney - $1.99

Cowboy for Keeps (Mustang Valley) by Cathy McDavid - $1.99

Savage Autumn (Savage Seasons) by Constance O'Banyon - $0.99

The Tide of Life by Catherine Cookson - $0.99

Lord of Danger by Anne Stuart - $0.99

Summerset Abbey: A Bloom in Winter by T. J. Brown - $1.99

Miss Davenport's Christmas (Regency Series) by Marion Chesney - $1.99

For Love of Sarah by Hazel Statham - $0.99

Reckless (House of Rohan) by Anne Stuart - $0.99

Catalina Kiss by Tracy Ewens - $1.99

Studio Relations by Georgie Lee - $1.99

To Wed in Scandal (A Scandal in London Novel) by Liana LeFey - $1.99

The Real McCoy by Sheryl Leonard - $0.99

To Tempt the Devil (A Novel of Lord Hawkesbury's Players) by C.J. Archer - $1.99
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #45
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
This months "Kindle Deals - $3.99 or less"...

Lord of Danger by Anne Stuart - $0.99

Reckless (House of Rohan) by Anne Stuart - $0.99
The Anne Stuart ones are really good deals! I own Reckless and I paid full price for it. Lord of Danger is on my wishlist.