Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-10-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
E. S. DeAngelo
E. S. DeAngelo is a glorious beacon of lightE. S. DeAngelo is a glorious beacon of lightE. S. DeAngelo is a glorious beacon of lightE. S. DeAngelo is a glorious beacon of lightE. S. DeAngelo is a glorious beacon of lightE. S. DeAngelo is a glorious beacon of lightE. S. DeAngelo is a glorious beacon of lightE. S. DeAngelo is a glorious beacon of lightE. S. DeAngelo is a glorious beacon of lightE. S. DeAngelo is a glorious beacon of lightE. S. DeAngelo is a glorious beacon of light

Device: PC
The Skull Staff

Hello. I've been looking for places to promote my new eBook, The Skull Staff. This is my first book and thus I'm not going to make any claims about it's quality. You're not in for Tolkien-quality work. But if you'd like to give a new writer a chance, you can buy my book for 3.99 here: http://www.amazon.com/Skull-Staff-Bo...9798035&sr=8-4

And if you do decide to give it a try, please write a review on the amazon page for other prospective buyers to see. I can take criticism. In fact I thrive on it. How else can one grow as an author than to know what areas one sucks in?
E. S. DeAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:50 AM   #2
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
Hi,
Just one-click'd it from the Amazon. I've wedged inbetween on my tbr-list so that it'll be the next in line for reading.
So, when will the next book be out?

As a suggestion; you might also consider publishing your book at Smashwords in order to reach out also to those readers out in the world with other make and brand of ereaders.
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:46 AM   #3
E. S. DeAngelo
E. S. DeAngelo is a glorious beacon of lightE. S. DeAngelo is a glorious beacon of lightE. S. DeAngelo is a glorious beacon of lightE. S. DeAngelo is a glorious beacon of lightE. S. DeAngelo is a glorious beacon of lightE. S. DeAngelo is a glorious beacon of lightE. S. DeAngelo is a glorious beacon of lightE. S. DeAngelo is a glorious beacon of lightE. S. DeAngelo is a glorious beacon of lightE. S. DeAngelo is a glorious beacon of lightE. S. DeAngelo is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, thank you. I'm glad people are interested. As for my next book, I have a LOT of books in the works. I was going to upload one of them, a crime drama called Death of a Nobody, but had a problem. I wanted to upload chapter by chapter, price each chapter really cheap, and make the first available for free, but amazon doesn't let you upload stuff for free. So I'll be holding off on that until I figure something out. My other books in the works are as follows:

The Skull Staff - Book 2: A Woman Scorned (The sequel to the one you got)

Twist (A very f-ed up revenge story that I'm not sure I'll actually publish. It's got some messed up stuff in it.)

Forsaken (A zombie apocalypse thriller told from 4 perspectives: A teenage boy, his sister, an ancient zombie hunter and an old war vet. Sadly I don't think I'll publish this since anyone I mention it to just says "Oh, like Left 4 Dead" even though I had the idea to do this book years before that game came out)

The Legacy of No One in Particular (A spoof/satire on fantasy and video game cliches)

Let me know if there's anything in particular out of that list that you'd be interested in reading.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:17 PM   #4
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, I'll start reading your book shortly. If I like it I would of course like to buy the next book in the series.

"Chapter-by-chapter" books does not interest me. I like to read at my own pace and not have to wait for the next chapter to be uploaded.

The last one you mention "The Legacy of No One in Particular" sounds interesting.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:14 PM   #5
E. S. DeAngelo

Thanks for your input. For the most part I want to focus on the next part of The Skull Staff (Once you finish it you'll see why I'm anxious to continue the story) and I've done about 50 pages of work on Forsaken. The problem with Legacy of No One in Particular is I haven't actually written the book. I've written tons of scenes (About 30) and a friend was going to turn them into comic strips but backed out. I'm still debating turning it into a full novel. I'll be sure to let you know when I have something new available. Oh and if you end up liking my book, please put up a good review on amazon so others will get interested. And add some tags if you have the time. Again, thanks for the purchase.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:08 AM   #6
E. S. DeAngelo

Update: The book is now available on Smashwords.

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/46865
Old 04-09-2011, 12:23 PM   #7
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer

So?
What's up? Have you removed your book(s)? Can't find them neither at Amazon nor at Smashwords. I'd like to read the continuation.

Story is quite good. Needs some development though. Also there were a few semantic errors and typos in the book, and the language I felt was not consistent. I found it to be a mix of British and American English.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:19 PM   #8
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
went to check it out, but it's gone. too bad
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #9
E. S. DeAngelo

Hi, thanks for the interest. After learning of some grammar errors present throughout the novel, I decided to take it down while I work on fixing those, as I don't like the idea of someone paying me money for something that is sub-par. I'll put the book back up once I finish working out these issues, but due to some medical problems arising in my personal life, I cannot say how long it will be. Thank you.