Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-05-2010, 10:10 PM   #31
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyTToxic View Post
It shouldn't be 2.3.3 you need, that's build 431108003. You need 2.3.2 which is indeed build 399388047 according to some google fu.
Wait..... what?
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:16 PM   #32
JohnnyTToxic
Connoisseur
JohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enough

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 International
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarel View Post
Wait..... what?
The DX us patch that was uploaded is to upgrade from 2.3.2 (399388047) to 2.5 (472900057) based on the file name of "Update_399388047_472900057.bin"

I used my google fu (ancient art of googling) to find that 399388047 was the build number 2.3.2

This is pretty similar to the DXi that was released where you had to have 2.3.3 to upgrade.

**I think**

Of course, I could be completely wrong.
JohnnyTToxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:18 PM   #33
Teyrnon
Groupie
Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetBook, Kindle DX, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by synlor View Post
Sorry to get people's hopes up, I'm guessing it had to do with the fact I was on 2.3.2, which is odd in itself, so I doubt too many others will be able to use the file.
Actually I was on 2.3.2 before, too.
Teyrnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:21 PM   #34
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Quote:
The DX us patch that was uploaded is to upgrade from 2.3.2 (399388047) to 2.5 (472900057) based on the file name of "Update_399388047_472900057.bin"

I used my google fu (ancient art of googling) to find that 399388047 was the build number 2.3.2

This is pretty similar to the DXi that was released where you had to have 2.3.3 to upgrade.

**I think**

Of course, I could be completely wrong.
Hn. Oh, someone on Kindleboards with a k2 just got the 2.5 update, maybe she'll grab the bin!..... I have a US k2, too...
Old 05-05-2010, 10:21 PM   #35
JohnnyTToxic
Connoisseur
JohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teyrnon View Post
Actually I was on 2.3.2 before, too.
And that file didn't work for you with your DX us?
Old 05-05-2010, 10:32 PM   #36
Teyrnon
Groupie
Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetBook, Kindle DX, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
And that file didn't work for you with your DX us?
As I noted earlier in the thread my DX us updated to 2.5 at some point this afternoon. I find it interesting that synlor and I both had 2.3.2 and received the 2.5 update today.
Teyrnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:37 PM   #37
Snapply
Connoisseur
Snapply began at the beginning.

Device: Amazozn Kindlezz
I'm still upset that people all over the world are getting it before me.
Snapply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:39 PM   #38
JohnnyTToxic
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teyrnon View Post
As I noted earlier in the thread my DX us updated to 2.5 at some point this afternoon. I find it interesting that synlor and I both had 2.3.2 and received the 2.5 update today.
Oh man, sorry, I'm keeping up with this on my 7 inch netbook and thought your name was "Zealot" earlier. Sorry about that, thought you were a new voice
Old 05-05-2010, 10:40 PM   #39
Anarel
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapply View Post
I'm still upset that people all over the world are getting it before me.

I know, right? I bought mine soon after the k2 came out, and spent (too much) money on books and some dude who just bought his in Australia gets it first?

Ugh.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:48 PM   #40
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
I know, right? I bought mine soon after the k2 came out, and spent (too much) money on books and some dude who just bought his in Australia gets it first?

Ugh.
Sucks hey? Not all dudes in Australia have got it though. <stamping my feet on the ground>
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:52 PM   #41
Anarel
Evangelist

Having a tantrum is fun!

Im leaving my kindles plugged in with the wireless on tonight.... maybe ill get lucky...
Old 05-05-2010, 11:10 PM   #42
Snapply
Connoisseur
Snapply began at the beginning.

Device: Amazozn Kindlezz
Quote:
Having a tantrum is fun!

Im leaving my kindles plugged in with the wireless on tonight.... maybe ill get lucky...
I feel like a dirty prostitute waiting on a street corner waiting for my sugar daddy to give me my cut so I can have dinner.
Snapply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:18 PM   #43
Anarel
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapply View Post
I feel like a dirty prostitute waiting on a street corner waiting for my sugar daddy to give me my cut so I can have dinner.
Lol!

I came down with a cold today and had a bad day of it but then I saw the link for the US kdx and thought God was throwing me a line....

He did, but then he jerked it away, "Psyche!"

Last edited by Anarel; 05-05-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:27 AM   #44
zuul
Bookworm
zuul began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150 & Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Well, *I* haven't found a copy of 2.5 for K2US. I guess if you're not an "i", you just don't exist to Amazon any more. SIGH.

Derek
Ha....Try being a K1, then you'll find out what it means to be neglected and invisibile

zuul
zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:20 PM   #45
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by synlor View Post
The 2.5 update just downloaded it a few minutes ago on my Kindle DX (US version) and I managed to grab a copy of it before it updated itself.

http://rapidshare.com/files/38401487...00057.bin.html
Unfortunately, the file isn't accessible anymore..
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote