Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #16
BobKat
Enthusiast
BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I am not sure how kindlean works, has an asterisk besides the paperwhite on their site saying it requires use of their ebook agent or something to that effect. Not sure what is entailed or what extra steps they require.

I did my collections on PW manually as I was transferring all files over from my kindle 4 Very time consuming to do it though the manager on the PW. If I was doing 10 at a time over a period of months, it wouldn't be so bad. I store my books locally as I have very few purchased. I put them in collections stored by author name and I know who I want to read so I am able to go to that author and pick a title which intrigues me at the moment.
It is also a slow process doing it a batch at a time the way I just finished doing. Send to device... wait till it's finished, unplug device ... wait until it indexes .. make collection name, cycle through pages checking off books and waiting for it to refresh after each page. Back to send the next batch.....

I didn't feel comfortable with hacking my unit just yet as I haven't had it long. Just in case there is something wrong with the unit I would like to be able to send it back under warranty.
BobKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #17
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's correct. The tools that do work with PW collections only work if you jailbreak your PW, for that very reason.
Actually, since you can still import your collections from other kindle devices using the archived items/cloud, you can do it on Kindle for PC and then import.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #18
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Actually, since you can still import your collections from other kindle devices using the archived items/cloud, you can do it on Kindle for PC and then import.

Shari
Actually Kindle for PC does not let you download out of the cloud only purchased books. Not sure if it will work when manually sideloading and then exporting.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:01 PM   #19
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Actually Kindle for PC does not let you download out of the cloud only purchased books. Not sure if it will work when manually sideloading and then exporting.
You can't download the personal docs from the cloud to Kindle for PC, but you can add them to your Kindle for PC program by changing the local folder to point to the one where your local library lives. I was able to create the collections on the PC, add the purchased books by downloading from the cloud, and the personal docs from my computer, then import the collections and the books went into their collections automatically as I pulled them from the cloud on my paperwhite.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #20
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
You can't download the personal docs from the cloud to Kindle for PC, but you can add them to your Kindle for PC program by changing the local folder to point to the one where your local library lives. I was able to create the collections on the PC, add the purchased books by downloading from the cloud, and the personal docs from my computer, then import the collections and the books went into their collections automatically as I pulled them from the cloud on my paperwhite.

Shari
Ah thank you, good way to organize collections with a gui on computer then.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert