Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-30-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
ajc263
ajc263 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Problems finding/installing Pandora app

I'm on my second PE unit, the first having been sent back for a defective e-ink screen. When I bought my 1st unit the Entourage store was still up and running and I was able to download and use Pandora from there easily. Now that I have the 2nd PE unit post-store-closure, i can't seem to find one that I am able to download and install. On both units the Ermine update happened automatically within a coule of days of activation, so I was and am running 2.2.

I've tried downloading directly to my PE via WiFi, transferring the apk file from the SD card and loading the apk file to dropbox. I have emailed the file to myself as well, but haven't gotten to checking on that yet.
All outcomes have been that the apk either won't download or install. I've tried a couple of different websites for downloading and am wondering if it is an issue with the version of Pandora itself that isn't compatible. I know that my smart phone received some Pandora updates recently from the Android store.
I checked the Pandora link in the APK thread sticky, but it is no longer supported. If someone has a link to an older version of the Pandora app that I could test I would appreciate it.
Any ideas?
ajc263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
Try this one, remove .txt

App removed due to Forum policy

Last edited by Nate the great; 07-13-2011 at 01:43 PM.
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:53 PM   #3
ajc263
ajc263 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsenter View Post
Try this one, remove .txt
Wonderful, thank you ptsenter! I was able to transfer over the file via SD card and install it. I don't have a WiFi connection for the PE where I am right now, but the app did open to the main Pandora screen. I will update this thread later if I am unable to fully log on to Pandora online when I get home, but I am hopeful.
ajc263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:04 AM   #4
pyxiwulf
Connoisseur
pyxiwulf began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Yay! I too had the same problem after my reflash post-shutdown. I was so sad. Now...anyone have the facebook.apk from then? I can't find any that are the one I had pre-flash.
pyxiwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:46 AM   #5
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyxiwulf View Post
..anyone have the facebook.apk from then?
Google Search.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:03 PM   #6
pyxiwulf
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
Google Search.
Yeah except I already said I haven't been able to find the right one by searching. Maybe someone who is willing to help me get the .apk of the one that was available pre-entourage shutdown originally could answer.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:43 PM   #7
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
search google for
droid apk info
second search result
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:02 AM   #8
pyxiwulf
Connoisseur

I don't get any hits on a facebook.apk on that site. I've tried around 8-10 apps so far trying to find the original one. I've pretty much given up on it at this point.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:49 AM   #9
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Quote:
I don't get any hits on a facebook.apk on that site. I've tried around 8-10 apps so far trying to find the original one. I've pretty much given up on it at this point.
Try:
http://www.freewarelovers.com/androi...ok-for-android

If the latest doesn't work, I think 1.5.4 will. Good luck!
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:01 AM   #10
mpmills
mpmills began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage PE
Quote:
The apk from the old enTourage store is ver 1.3.1 and can be downloaded from freewarelovers......... works on the PE. I have it on both my PE's

mike
mpmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #11
pyxiwulf
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpmills View Post
The apk from the old enTourage store is ver 1.3.1 and can be downloaded from freewarelovers......... works on the PE. I have it on both my PE's

mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by glow View Post
Try:
http://www.freewarelovers.com/androi...ok-for-android

If the latest doesn't work, I think 1.5.4 will. Good luck!

Omg!!!! I love you both and could kiss you! 1.3.1 did it! Thanks so much!