Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-07-2017, 04:23 PM   #16
kanjo
kanjo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2015
Hello! KUAL booklet didn't work for me either, so I installed the .bin successfully, but when I deleted the azw book in documents (and Kminesweeper and vlasovsoft booklets) the keep showing up in the kindle, and cannot be deleted by any means. This only happens with these 3 booklets. Is it normal? Were you able to delete the KUAL booklet after the 5.9.2 update?
kanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:56 PM   #17
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanjo View Post
Hello!
KUAL booklet didn't work for me either, so I installed the .bin successfully,
The "KUAL booklet" IS installed from the *.bin
Quote:
but when I deleted the azw book in documents (and Kminesweeper and vlasovsoft booklets)
The "azw2" is the document form of KUAL.
If you want the booklet form of KUAL gone, you have to uninstall it also.
uninstall != delete
Quote:
the keep showing up in the kindle, and cannot be deleted by any means.
This only happens with these 3 booklets. Is it normal?
Were you able to delete the KUAL booklet after the 5.9.2 update?
According to this post, you are not deleting the KUAL booklet, you are deleting the KUAL document.

And you do not delete the KUAL booklet.
It was installed from an update_*_install.bin package and like nearly all such packages has to be removed with the corresponding update_*_uninstall.bin file.
Both the install and the uninstall *.bin files for the KUAL booklet are in the same release archive.

Is your Kindle registered?
Firmware 5.9.2 will not allow you to delete anything shown on the screen using a long tap when it is not registered.
It does not detect the long tap.
Even with the KUAL .azw3 removed from /documents, and a device re-boot, it still shows on the screen.
But it is most certainly gone from /documents.

(I just updated one of my PW3 devices to 5.9.2 to test this for you.)

Last edited by knc1; 11-07-2017 at 05:09 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2017, 05:59 PM   #18
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
Quote:
... but when I deleted the azw book in documents (and Kminesweeper and vlasovsoft booklets) the keep showing up in the kindle, and cannot be deleted by any means. This only happens with these 3 booklets. Is it normal? Were you able to delete the KUAL booklet after the 5.9.2 update?
Kminesweeper and vlasovsoft are kindlets, not booklet
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:59 PM   #19
kanjo

Oh! Thank you knc1 and encol for your answers. Sorry for mistaking the words! English is not my first language ;( Yes, I meant kindlet, as encol said. I have two KUAL documents right now, the azw2 file that doesn't work and the one from the installed .bin. Thank you for installing the update just to test the problem, that's exactly what was happening to me (doesn't recognize the long tap and cannot delete; it's registered, though).

Last edited by kanjo; 11-07-2017 at 07:12 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-07-2017, 07:05 PM   #20
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

NO.
If registered: Should work
If NOT registered: Does not work.

At least that is what I found on mine.
You might also need to have an Internet connection so that it can update your Amazon account.
I did not test for that.

Updating to 5.9.2 is not a problem.
I have a serial port connection on this PW3, I can put back the older firmware if I want to.

Last edited by knc1; 11-07-2017 at 07:08 PM.
Advert
Old 11-07-2017, 07:17 PM   #21
kanjo

That's weird, then It's registered and with wifi on, long tap works in everything but those azw2 files.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:37 PM   #22
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
That's weird, then It's registered and with wifi on, long tap works in everything but those azw2 files.
Sorry, I am too tired now to figure out the problem.

Hide them both in a collection you never open.
It is most likely an Amazon problem.
When they removed support for running active document from 5.9.2 they must have also remove support for deleting them.
Tell Amazon 5.9.2 is broke, let them fix it.

Last edited by knc1; 11-07-2017 at 07:39 PM.
Old 02-27-2024, 11:42 AM   #23
henio81
henio81 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
I have pw3 and jailbreak and install Kaul and everything was ok until I try install Koreader when I try to run it, nothing happens.
henio81 is offline   Reply With Quote