Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-10-2013, 04:31 AM   #1
pgseye
pgseye began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Editing Category metadata for iBooks

Hi,
Since the upgrade to Mavericks, I've found it frustrating not being able to edit metadata in iBooks. In Calibre, I can see how to change basic metadata (author, title, etc) and when I do this and import the book back into iBooks, the new metadata shows. However, no matter what I do, I can't seem to find a way to change the Category information in Calibre to successfully update in iBooks. In Calibre, I have created new columns - having tried 'Category' and 'Genre' but when I add metadata to these columns, the information doesn't export across to iBooks. How do I 'map' category/genre information in Calibre to have it reflect in iBooks.
Thanks a lot,
Paul
pgseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:44 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Check out this sticky post from the Calibre - Devices sub-forum: OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) + iBooks
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert