Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-01-2011, 08:31 AM   #31
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
You have to look for sales. I recently was able to get 2 16GB cards for $20 each on Amazon (US). The prices for cards and flash drives are going down, I remember when a 4GB card was $20 and I'm sure some places are still trying to get that.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:33 PM   #32
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox
I think im just going to use the 4gb i already have from my old phone, i only need it for a bit of music while i read
blacknirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2011, 11:55 PM   #33
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
I got a 16 gb, got a faster one rather than cheaper...I'd rather get 2 X 16 than a 32...have done the biggest card route in past and regretted it; drove me crazy, slower to load, too much stuff to sort through. Cost on the larger one is also definitely an issue...add ons could get expensive at this rate!
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:12 PM   #34
cristovao
cristovao began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch
I picked up a 16GB micro SDHC card on Monday at MemoryExpress here in Calgary for $25 PLUS a $10 mail-in rebate, so pretty great deal.
They're also selling 32GB cards for just $60. I'm sure the equivalent shops in each city has similar deals that are far better than the big box stores.
cristovao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:29 AM   #35
Odieman
Enthusiast
Odieman began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo vox
I had a an el cheapo sixteen gig card installed, and I was not happy at all. There were lots of issues with slow loading and screen freezing while running apps. It seemed to be the polar opposite of the experiences I had prior to installing the card. I went to Costco and picked up a faster SanDisk card, and the difference was night and day. Apps that were slow to load and refresh the screen were much improved. So I would recommend buying the highest quality card you can afford, rather than cheaping out.

Keith
Odieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 12:04 PM   #36
cristovao

Odieman is correct, you have to be careful purchasing cheap SD cards. You wanna stick to good brands like Sandisk, Kingston, Lexar or Patriot and look at the class. The lower the number, the slower the speed. The Patriot SDHC card I got was Class 10 so at the end of the day, 16GB for $15 is a steal!
Old 11-05-2011, 08:56 PM   #37
Annibronte
Enthusiast
Annibronte has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3,Kobo Vox
NCIX has a 16GB class 10 on for $25
Annibronte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:07 PM   #38
wilbrich
Connoisseur
wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo (original), Sony Tablet, Sony PRS505
I picked up a Kingston Class 4 8Gb microSd for $13 at TigerDirect. The beauty of the external microSD is that you can store and play your videos right from the card without transferring to the internal SD. The Class 4 hasn't shown any playback hiccups - yet. And Astro File Manager also serves as a great video viewer. At least you can see the titles of your videos - unlike Gallery.
wilbrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:26 PM   #39
cristovao

OK, this may sound like a stupid question but when you insert the SD card, how do you eject it? I was expecting a spring -out method but mine seems stuck in there real good!
Old 11-10-2011, 10:34 PM   #40
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Just press on the edge - it should spring out fine. Make sure you're pressing DIRECTLY down, however.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #41
cristovao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
Just press on the edge - it should spring out fine. Make sure you're pressing DIRECTLY down, however.
Unfortunately, that doesn't work. I've been trying that for days now and it just won't eject. Pretty annoying.

I really really want to like this device but this may be the straw that broke the camel's back. What with the wake-from-sleep issue and the newly discovered always re-download every book in our library, this is just becoming too problematic a device which makes me very sad.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:47 PM   #42
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbrich View Post
I picked up a Kingston Class 4 8Gb microSd for $13 at TigerDirect. The beauty of the external microSD is that you can store and play your videos right from the card without transferring to the internal SD. The Class 4 hasn't shown any playback hiccups - yet. And Astro File Manager also serves as a great video viewer. At least you can see the titles of your videos - unlike Gallery.
I got the same one on sale for $20, and now I feel like I got ripped off! LOL!

I played a movie from the card and it was flawless!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:06 PM   #43
wilbrich
Connoisseur
wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo (original), Sony Tablet, Sony PRS505
Check out TigerDirect. I bought the same Kingston 8gb class 4 for $13. Oops! Starting to repeat myself.

Last edited by wilbrich; 11-13-2011 at 03:09 PM.
wilbrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:57 PM   #44
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Review of microSD cards at Toms Hardware --> http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...e,3011-13.html
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:10 PM   #45
harveyj
harveyj began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo vox
I have several 32 gig micro sd cards i bought through Ebay they come from China and are very reasonable. Just takes time in shipping
harveyj is offline   Reply With Quote