Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-20-2011, 11:11 AM   #16
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
Actually, now I don't think it is updating my bookmark when I put it to sleep, even though it says "bookmark updated." When I open the Kobo app on my iPod, it still shows the place I was in this book two or three days ago. No amount of updating will sync it to my current bookmark.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:26 AM   #17
JohnMorris
Enthusiast
JohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned off

Device: PRS650, Kobo touch, PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogle View Post
This one cropped up for me yesterday. The notable thing ws that the network error dialogue needed to be cleared twice.

At first I thought it was my wifi, but a re-boot of that didn't work. Turning kobo on and off didn't work. The pinhole reset didn't work. In the end, I exhausted all options and did a factory reset and that solved the problem. It seemed like something was corrupted and needed a re-install.
I just had exactly the same problem, and had to resort to the same solution.
JohnMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2011, 09:44 AM   #18
Tangent
Tangent began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Nice, a new factory reset issue!

This just happened to mine and so now I can't update either when plugged into the computer or via wifi which means that to receive the next update to correct other issues like the bottom line cut-off I'll have to do a factory reset and all the various irritations that come with that.

Still have the double-tap issue with the current update (though less often) too.

Mostly, I've been very pleased with my KT especially since at first, the updates were coming quite quickly to attempt to resolve things but now the updates are much slower in coming and my patience is starting to wear thin. For the most part it has been the ongoing factory resets that have been the most irritating to deal with (for me anyway).
Tangent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:02 AM   #19
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm still having the network errors but I'm wary of doing a factory reset. But I checked out a library book today and had my KT plugged into the computer in order to copy it over, and decided to open up the Kobo desktop app and see if I could update that way. Yep, it worked. So at least there's that, for now.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:56 PM   #20
icefaery
icefaery began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
mine quit connecting to anything wifi

I have done 2 factory resets. and still nothing. I called tech support and now have a ticket for 2nd level. Also at the sametime my current reads wont stay on the home screen. I bought the kobo touch on July 10/11 and find this really frustrating.
icefaery is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #21
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Well I decided to go through with it and do a factory reset and update and it DID make the error go away, for now anyway.

Still, it's irritating and I hope the new firmware is out soon, as I still get the weird font cut off error.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:07 PM   #22
tecweston
Comic book artist

Well I couldn't take these network errors anymore. Just did a factory reset on my Kobo.

Dear Kobo Inc., I love supporting the underdogs rather than the big guys, and I love my Kobo Touch, really I do, but I just saw that my local library has started to support Kindle-compatible ebooks. You guys have to step up your game and cut out all these annoying glitches because I'm starting to look at the Kindle instead, and I'm a huge Kobo supporter.

Forget about adding Facebook chat and whatever else to your device, just please make sure it works as advertised so you're not losing the customers you already have.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:43 PM   #23
Pistos
Connoisseur
Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Touch
+1 for stopping further development on the social stuff -- I have no need or desire for any of that. Focus on other stuff, especially bug fixes and general stability.
Pistos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:33 PM   #24
tecweston
Comic book artist

Well, I'm getting network errors again, after doing a factory reset.

I've decided to sell my Kobo and buy a Nook Touch, as I don't want to have to go through the week-long process of re-authorizing my Kobo with ADE after a factory reset again.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:01 PM   #25
MDK
Kobo Developer
MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura, Glo, Mini
Please see my reply in the other thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...62&postcount=6

To Mods: I would appreciate it if all the "Network Error" related threads were merged.
Thanks,
MDK is offline   Reply With Quote