Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-25-2011, 03:51 PM   #1
New_eReader
New_eReader began at the beginning.

Device: None
Question Share books via MicroSD card?

In order to read books on a NC or regular Nook when the books are on a MicroSD card, does one first have to transfer the books to the NC/Nook itself? If not, then what is to prevent people from having books on one MicroSD card and then sharing that MicroSD card between different NC/Nooks?
New_eReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:03 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
If you're talking about the average book purchased from B&N, the books have DRM encryption built in. So unless you give your friends your credit card number, they can't read the books.

On the other hand, if you're talking about books from other sources without DRM (or if you've "liberated" your B&N/other purchased books)...I'm not sure there is anything to prevent it.

I don't own a NC, so I can't say I've ever tried it, though. But I've swapped SD cards between various Sony Reader's...
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2011, 11:38 PM   #3
New_eReader
New_eReader began at the beginning.

Device: None
Thanks so much for the explanation!
New_eReader is offline   Reply With Quote