Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-27-2024, 07:13 AM   #1
at3m
at3m began at the beginning.

Device: none
K3 stuck on empty battery Screen

I recently bought a Kindle Keyboard which shows the empty battery screen.

I tried charging it overnight but after sometime the orange light stopped
shining so i plugged it in and out and the orange light was shining again.

I tried to reset it by holding the power slider for 20s,30s,40s but with no luck.
The screen stayed the same and the light of the powerslider stays off (not sure if it should blink green or something?)
I checked the battery but it does not seem to be buldging.
I wanted to check before ordering a new battery if it is only the batterys fault.
It also does not go into USB download mode or gets recognized by my PC.

I hope it is just the battery.
at3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 02:43 AM   #2
pureair
pureair began at the beginning.

Device: KPW3
This worked for my Kindle Paperwhite 3 when it refused to charge. Warm up the charging port on kindle with your gentle out-breath for a few times, then plug in the charging cable as normal.
pureair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 07:06 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Likely needs a new LiPoly cell (battery). Easy to change on a K3.

Blowing on charger port only helps if it's full of fluff!
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote