Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 09:49 AM   #1
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Sigil-0.8.900 released for testing - Wait for Sigil-0.8.901

Hi All,

Just to let you know that we have made our first release of the new version of Sigil (version 0.8.900). This is the first of the pre-release series for Sigil-0.9.0. For complete details see our wordpress site:

http://sigil-ebook.com

To download binaries for Mac OS X and Windows, please see our github releases page:

https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil...es/tag/0.8.900

Please note, the building from source instructions have changed greatly, so we have included new instructions for building on Mac OS X, and Linux.

Also, please run sha256 sum on your downloads and compare them against those posted in the release on github to make sure you have downloaded the exact same binary that we have uploaded.

Please post any bug reports or feedback on this release in the Sigil forum and we will try our best to address any serious issues in quick follow-up release if needed.

Thank you for using Sigil and helping to make it better.

KevinH and DiapDealer

Last edited by KevinH; 10-04-2015 at 11:11 AM.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:24 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
W10 x64 error when I tried to use
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sig err.JPG
Views:	498
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	142259  
Advert
Old 09-24-2015, 01:02 PM   #3
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Hi All,

Just to let you know that we have made our first release of the new version of Sigil (version 0.8.900). This is the first of the pre-release series for Sigil-0.9.0. For complete details see our wordpress site:

http://sigil-ebook.com
Just finished reading the changelog and am really impressed with the huge amount of work that has been done.

Thanks for your effort in keeping Sigil alive and making it better everyday!
Old 09-24-2015, 01:08 PM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi theducks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Yes, missing the MSVCR100.DLL is a common error for many using Windows 10 with application compiled on older version of Windows. It seems that Windows 10 does not come with all of the older MS Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for both x32 and x64 already installed.

The quickest solution is to properly download and install the very latest MS Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for VisualStudio 2010 *and* VisualStudio 2013. I recommend going only to the official Microsoft site to download these missing package.

Perhaps this link may help, it came up when I did a google search and seems to be an official Microsoft link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2977003

Thanks for the head's up.

KevinH
Old 09-24-2015, 01:21 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Well that sucks.

If you could; please try to download/install the Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable package for your OS (make sure it your 64/32 "bit"-ness), and see if that fixes things (I would be extremely surprised if it didn't). If so, I may actually have to distribute both the 2010 and the 2013 redistributables with Sigil (at least until the next natural Convergence of Python3, Sigil, and Qt5's VC Runtimes occurs (currently running in 180 year cycles I believe). ACK! Sometimes I wonder why I bother trying to make things work on Windows.

EDIT:
I'm a slow typer.
Shouldn't need to download/install the VC 2013 Redistributable; as Sigil already installs this.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-24-2015 at 01:25 PM.
Advert
Old 09-24-2015, 01:25 PM   #6
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
First of all, as Pablo, I want to thank you Kevin and Diap for all the work that has been done since version 8.6: it's really great, especially when you consider the problems to solve associated with all the internal changes and different operating systems.

And speaking of that, there seems to be some problems (Win 7 Home Premium 64b) with the Table of contents creation: most of the time nothing happens, in other cases Sigil stops.

I will use the software a little longer and see what it is.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:32 PM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
for all your hard work. An impressive list of changes!

And duly flagged as out-of-date on ArchLinux. Hope to see how it looks RSN.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:33 PM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arios View Post
And speaking of that, there seems to be some problems (Win 7 Home Premium 64b) with the Table of contents creation: most of the time nothing happens, in other cases Sigil stops.

Would that be the HTML ToC generation? If so, I can assure you that it might not have ever been tested!

There's just so many features that Sigil has that I'm afraid that--speaking for myself--I fall into the trap of only testing the features I use (or the ones that I can remember actually exist!).

So if steps to consistently recreate an issue can be determined/shared, that would be fantastic.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:34 PM   #9
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi Arios

When it happens again, could you please post a copy of the ebook you were trying to build a ToC for (privately if need be) and pm DiapDealer and/or KevinH with the link so that we can recreate the problem and get it tracked down.

Thanks,

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arios View Post
First of all, as Pablo, I want to thank you Kevin and Diap for all the work that has been done since version 8.6: it's really great, especially when you consider the problems to solve associated with all the internal changes and different operating systems.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:39 PM   #10
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi eschwartz,

Would you by any chance have access to an Arch Linux machine that runs Plasma 5. We have a bug report that all versions of Sigil (all current and all earlier) are segfaulting on Arch Linux ONLY when running the Plasma 5 Desktop (with Qt5.5) but running okay if any other Desktop is used. I have nothing to try and track that down with. I am guessing it is a conflict between Qt 5.5 and Plasma 5 that Sigil somehow triggers.

Thanks,

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
for all your hard work. An impressive list of changes!

And duly flagged as out-of-date on ArchLinux. Hope to see how it looks RSN.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:44 PM   #11
najgori
Klak
najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'najgori gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

here's funny bug. (windows 7/64 bit) put:
<p><a href="http://www.google.com"><mbp:nu>Google</mbp:nu></a></p>
at the start of empty ebook. press save. and again. and again.

pretty print gumbo does not work very well

solution is easy. don't clean and format file on save or open
Old 09-24-2015, 01:53 PM   #12
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi,

PrettyPrintGumbo normally works well for actual html5 tags and most others. That said, if given an unknown tag it will assume it is block tag and block tags always have carriage returns after them but in this case a block tag is occuring inside of a inline tag (the anchor) so it is confusing the prettyprint code.

I will look to see how to prevent multiple carriage returns from being added with each save when an unknown block tag is added inside of an inline tag.

Thanks for the head's up and test case!

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by najgori View Post
here's funny bug. (windows 7/64 bit) put:
<p><a href="http://www.google.com"><mbp:nu>Google</mbp:nu></a></p>
at the start of empty ebook. press save. and again. and again.

pretty print gumbo does not work very well

Old 09-24-2015, 02:24 PM   #13
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Hi eschwartz,

Would you by any chance have access to an Arch Linux machine that runs Plasma 5. We have a bug report that all versions of Sigil (all current and all earlier) are segfaulting on Arch Linux ONLY when running the Plasma 5 Desktop (with Qt5.5) but running okay if any other Desktop is used. I have nothing to try and track that down with. I am guessing it is a conflict between Qt 5.5 and Plasma 5 that Sigil somehow triggers.

Thanks,

KevinH
I don't use KDE as my desktop, but I have installed plasma-desktop and generated a user account for you. I will PM you the details for SSH access, tell me if you need anything else.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:27 PM   #14
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by najgori View Post
Or ... leave clean and format file on save and open turned on and switch to the Gumbo Parser only (instead of Pretty Print) option.

That's something I was meaning to mention anyway. I've found the Gumbo Parser option to be far and away the least intrusive of the two options. Even with not-well-formed code or unknown tags, it does a fantastic job of leaving the code unmolested (for those of us--myself included sometimes--who are obsessed with the "aesthetics" of our code ).

With Tidy, we had two choices. Which in all reality were: 1) "Mess with My Code a Lot" and 2) "Mess with My Code a Lot While Adding a Lot of Extra Whitespace."

Now we truly have a "Try Very Hard Not to Do Anything at All" option. And that is the second of the two, "Gumbo Parser."

Though we provide the Gumbo Pretty-Print option (and will continue to tweak it as issues arise), it is our hope that those who have specific needs with regard to the "prettiness" of their (x)html code might consider switching to the Gumbo Parser only option and write a Pretty-Print editor plugin to meet all their coding feng shui obsse--err... I mean requirements.

EDIT FOR CLARITY: The two options are called "Gumbo Pretty-Print" and "Google Gumbo-Parser." It's the latter of the two that I consider to be the least intrusive clean-source option.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-24-2015 at 02:55 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:36 PM   #15
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I got it working
I installed the wrong ( 32 bit) version of the redistributable the first time.
Closed Thread