Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
Paul Evans
Paul Evans began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo Touch Image Delay in Books Sideloaded to SD Card

I have been using an SD card to store my sideloaded books (loaded through Calibre) onto my Kobo Touch for a while now.

I'd worked out how to ensure good high resolution cover images on the Touch by ticking the "Upload Covers for Books" box on the Advanced Calibre Kobo Touch plug in.

However, since October, I've noticed that there is now a delay of several seconds on the Kobo Touch Home screen before the cover image of any SD-sidelaoded epub book appears. Sideloaded books and purchased books added before then have no problems. It's just the new ones.

Not a major problem. Just curious.

Any suggestions?
Paul Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:35 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
What you are doing should be right. I haven't used my Touch much lately, so haven't noticed any problems. On the Glo, the only tile on the home screen that causes me a problem is the library tile. When the SD card is in, this will populate a few seconds after everything else. I will have a look on the Touch over the weekend and see how it is.

And to know, what firmware are you running?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2013, 04:40 AM   #3
Paul Evans

Software version for Kobo Touch is 3.0.1
Old 12-19-2013, 01:10 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For the record, Paul posted the same problem in another thread. It clicked differently this time and I think I have the solution. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...13#post2716413 for the response.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

And for completeness:

I have done my testing and I was right. As of 3.0.0, the Touch needs the "N3_LIBRARY_FULL" version of the cover image file again. Code checked in as bug#1262605. It should be in the next calibre release.
Advert
Old 12-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #6
Paul Evans

Thank you for your help on this, David. Greatly appreciated.