Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-07-2011, 02:14 PM   #16
mojofleur
mojofleur began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Touch
Tried to load the new firmware as described here, it doesn't work. The Nook deletes the .zip file. I assume crc is right: they linked the wrong firmware.
mojofleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #17
mojofleur

yay! They changed the linked file! Now it seems to be the right one... Downloading, then installing. Hope it works... I'll keep you posted!
Advert
Old 11-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #18
anleva
Enthusiast
anleva began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojofleur View Post
Tried to load the new firmware as described here, it doesn't work. The Nook deletes the .zip file. I assume crc is right: they linked the wrong firmware.
It looks like they changed that and are now linking to a new file.
anleva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #19
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
I'm excited!
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #20
crc
unknown
crc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Nice; downloading now. File size looks closer to the 1.0.1 firmware, and the URL seems correct, so hopefully this one will work.
crc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2011, 02:29 PM   #21
TMac-
TMac- began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojofleur View Post
Hahah, downloading the right one now. I was wondering why my Nook STR kept deleting the firmware upon ejection.
TMac- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #22
VicLavigne
e-reading since 2008
VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Nook STR, Sony PRS-T1
Since the fiasco with the Nook Classic's last updated (next to last- they had to fix it), I have been of the opinion that it is best to wait a week or so to update.

But blast it! Sometimes you just don't want to wait. Installing now -- 2nd attempt, as the first download was the wrong file. B&N doesn't seem to have a lot of QC over their update program.

Vic
VicLavigne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:35 PM   #23
anleva
Enthusiast
anleva began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Mine downloaded and installed properly.

Did some quick checking. At first glance page turns do seem quicker and the fonts a bit sharper.
anleva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:36 PM   #24
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
The link at the top of this post goes to the FAQ page for the Nook Touch download. Click on "get version 1.1.0 today" to expand that section, then hit "click here" to download the file. Not sure why you're only seeing Nook Color updates, everything I'm seeing is for the Nook Touch.
I am able to download the update, but unfortunately I don't think I can install it until tonight. I don't seem to have my sync and charge cable at my desk.

Last edited by kezza; 11-07-2011 at 02:42 PM.
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:36 PM   #25
VicLavigne
e-reading since 2008
VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!

Installed! Fonts do look crisper.... I wish I had another Nook to compare, but I think that the contrast level has been adjusted to bring the text in sharper focus. Page turning might be a little faster, its hard to tell. So far so good.

Vic
Old 11-07-2011, 02:36 PM   #26
mojofleur

It works! I successfully updated my Nook. And yes, it seems faster then before... I'll tell you more later.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:37 PM   #27
VicLavigne
e-reading since 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezza View Post
The link at the top of this post goes to the FAQ page for the Nook Touch download. Click on "get version 1.1.0 today" to expand that section, then hit "click here" to download the file. Not sure why you're only seeing Nook Color updates, everything I'm seeing is for the Nook Touch.
It's fixed now. B&N linked the first download file to a wrong file as initial downloaders pointed out, and happened to me too. But no problems now.

Vic
Old 11-07-2011, 02:37 PM   #28
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
sorry, i missed the request, and if its still needed the link is HERE
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #29
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
It's good to hear about crisper fonts. While I've got all of you nook owners in this thread, quick question: do you find the page turn buttons stiff? have they loosened up at all with time/use? I hear that they are stiff to use and difficult to push while holding the reader one-handed..
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #30
TMac-
TMac- began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STR
Installed. I don't really notice too big of a difference. However, the touchscreen does seem a little bit more responsive and it seems that the update has made the OS run faster... I have had problems with the touchscreen freezing so I am hoping that 1.1.0 fixes this issue. Time will tell, I suppose.
TMac- is offline   Reply With Quote