Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-25-2018, 02:20 PM   #16
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Hey everyone, I decided to start a fact-checking post for Bad e-Reader.
https://the-digital-reader.com/2018/...er-fact-check/

I started it off the top of my head, and I'm sure I missed more than a few of their whoppers. If you know of one I missed, please let me know so I can add it to the list!
They missed a good one. In 2015 or 2016 they posted amazon will have a color ereader by 2017 or 2018 ( cant remember) and that never happened. I still like the website tho. I get all too excited over new ereaders
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 03:07 PM   #17
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
They missed a good one. In 2015 or 2016 they posted amazon will have a color ereader by 2017 or 2018 ( cant remember) and that never happened. I still like the website tho. I get all too excited over new ereaders
Can you recall any details about that post? I'd love to add it to the list.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 04:17 PM   #18
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ill try to do a search for it. I only remember it because it was the first time i seen that webpage
Old 12-25-2018, 04:19 PM   #19
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I'm not sure this fits with your theme exactly but they also used Indigogo, as I recall, to raise money for an ereader or two that was never created. There was some discussion about that in these forums so you might be able to find out more about it.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 04:25 PM   #20
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
My bad I think its the one where you mentioned Liquidvista ( do not know the spelling) but how about this one https://goodereader.com/blog/electro...-paper-in-2018
Old 12-25-2018, 04:34 PM   #21
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
My bad I think its the one where you mentioned Liquidvista ( do not know the spelling) but how about this one https://goodereader.com/blog/electro...-paper-in-2018
I seriously considered including that one but it isn't really clear that Bad eReader made it up. The core of that one is something E-ink might have actually said. Tech companies make vaporware promises all the time, and this sounds like one.

Edit: Or at least I can't tell for sure that it is not E-ink's vaporware promise.

Last edited by Nate the great; 12-25-2018 at 04:39 PM.
Old 12-25-2018, 04:38 PM   #22
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I'm not sure this fits with your theme exactly but they also used Indigogo, as I recall, to raise money for an ereader or two that was never created. There was some discussion about that in these forums so you might be able to find out more about it.

Barry
Yep - that is a whole other post I need to do. At that time I was refusing to acknowledge their existence and so I did not cover it, but I was aware if it.

P.S. If someone wants to write that post, I will help you finish it and publish it.
Old 12-25-2018, 05:15 PM   #23
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Hey everyone, I decided to start a fact-checking post for Bad e-Reader.
https://the-digital-reader.com/2018/...er-fact-check/

I started it off the top of my head, and I'm sure I missed more than a few of their whoppers. If you know of one I missed, please let me know so I can add it to the list!
This one put "Mothers Day release" into the mobileread lexicon:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=272675
https://goodereader.com/blog/electro...or-mothers-day
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 05:23 PM   #24
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Ah, Mother's Day - I love that one!

Thanks!
Old 12-25-2018, 06:15 PM   #25
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Oasis 3
I have an Oasis 2 and it’s my all time favourite. I wouldn’t buy a 6 inch Voyage. I would buy a new, updated Oasis though!!!
cerem0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 09:38 PM   #26
plainbriny
Enthusiast
plainbriny began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Nook Glowlight 3
I have seen some info about KPW4 in Chinese website months ago, they stated that the Voyage line is gone (or merged with paperwhite). I love my voyage (RIP) but I don't think Voyage is going be resurrected any time soon.
plainbriny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 05:06 AM   #27
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post

Barry
They ultimately produced one or more Android e-readers and the orders were fulfilled. Quite dynamic and innovative. He is now shipping Onyx's to America. I actually got one from him. I didn't know it was him! It was all a bit seat-of-your-pants, but it came through in the end. I've never heard of him not fulfilling orders. It's a bit like getting a ride from a buddy who drives really fast. Lol. People love to hate goodereader, not entirely without cause, but the community would be less without it. And I like the highly speculative predictions. I don't care if they're often wrong. Sometimes they're right, and it's something to read. Also his video reviews are excellent. And the guy is pushing Android e-readers, which is a good thing. But it will probably all go bang one day. The guy seems like a chancer. Would I buy another e-reader from him? Probably, mainly because he is one of the very few suppliers of Android e-readers to America. My Onyx Poke Pro sure has a lot more features than a Kindle
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:19 AM   #28
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
And I like the highly speculative predictions.
There is a big difference between speculation and made-up facts ...
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 02:02 PM   #29
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
There is a big difference between speculation and made-up facts ...
Yep. Making up facts turns true speculation into click bait. He fuels his click bait "news" by stealing something Nate writes and pretending he's talked to "sources" in the "industry" who "claim" that a new (fill in the blank) is coming out (usually far enough out, that people will forget about it by the time it doesn't come out). He did this when he claimed Walmart would be selling a new Kobo Mini (after Nate reminisced about the Minis) and now he's done the same with the Voyage — another "news" story right after Nate wrote a nostalgic piece about the Voyage.

I like that he's selling the Onyx and PocketBooks in this country, but I wish he would stop with the click bait false claims.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 02:53 PM   #30
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
They ultimately produced one or more Android e-readers and the orders were fulfilled.
My memory of all this is vague now but I think there were one or two early ones that never did get built before he finally got some later ones built.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote