Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-30-2012, 02:15 AM   #1
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
RegEx in ncx

Last night I wanted to change something in my toc.ncx. Since it was a relative easy S&R, instead of a heading '1' I wanted it to be 'Chapter 1', I wanted to use RegEx for it.
No problemo, the RegEx for that is relatively simple. Upon execute, it crashed. I tried several times and it kept crashing. I know for sure that it did work in previous versions.

While I am typing this, I wonder if I had the search mode to 'active HTML' instead of 'current document' while having the toc.ncx as the active tab.
Even if that is the case, I would still not expect Sigil to crash. I would expect either a warning or an automatic change in search mode.

I will test further tonight.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #2
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Last night I wanted to change something in my toc.ncx. Since it was a relative easy S&R, instead of a heading '1' I wanted it to be 'Chapter 1', I wanted to use RegEx for it.
No problemo, the RegEx for that is relatively simple. Upon execute, it crashed. I tried several times and it kept crashing. I know for sure that it did work in previous versions.

While I am typing this, I wonder if I had the search mode to 'active HTML' instead of 'current document' while having the toc.ncx as the active tab.
Even if that is the case, I would still not expect Sigil to crash. I would expect either a warning or an automatic change in search mode.

I will test further tonight.
Could you post your F&R strings? I have been having problems with crashes when doing F&Rs (all HTML) but can't get a handle on the problem. I think it may something to do with making changes with <h> tags but I can;t be sure.

Sure would like to figure this out so the guys could fix it.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I checked and if i change it to 'current file' I don't have an issue. Setting it to current HTML file will crash Sigil though.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
Could you post your F&R strings? I have been having problems with crashes when doing F&Rs (all HTML) but can't get a handle on the problem. I think it may something to do with making changes with <h> tags but I can;t be sure.
There is a known S&R issue in 5.3 and the circumstances remind me strongly on this. I saw this in the 5.3 release thread. "If searching in css with "all html" on Sigil crashes if the search-string is not found in one of the normal html-files"

-------------------------
Edit: A crash with "current file" on was not mentioned in the thread i'm talking about.

Last edited by mmat1; 03-30-2012 at 01:11 PM.
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:09 PM   #5
Toxaris
Wizard

In 'current file' it works. In a way it makes sense that if you search in a non-HTML file, but specify that it must look in the current HTML file that this won't work. A crash is something else though...
Advert