Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-31-2012, 03:46 PM   #16
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
please explain how to do that, given that chapters are split ( = 1 x xhtlml per chapter)
but that chapter headers are image only
Yes, that would be handy; I have DL'ed and tried epubfixer, but I find it so incredibly poorly-documented and unintuitive that we never use it around here. It might be the best thing since sliced bread, but it's one of those programs where the developer simply says "it can do THIS AND THIS AND THIS," but never explains how--even the screenshots are utterly confusing. I tried it a few times and then just gave up; for folks that have all day to tinker around with something that poorly explained, it might be fabulous, but I don't. I think it could be terrific if someone would just document it correctly, or, for that matter, even a LITTLE.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:26 AM   #17
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Open the file in epubfixer select edit table of contents press add. On the next page you should get a lot of selection boxes select them all and press add. Now you have a TOC but it is not named properly. The first few links would be to map and copyright page etc you can delete them or keep them and rename them its up to you I usually don't keep that stuff in the toc.
Then select all the toc link right click and press rename write chapter 1 use the check boxes and press ok. It should rename all the chapters from 1 to whatever is the last chapter.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2012, 05:03 AM   #18
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Dopedangel:

I wasn't the one asking about how to use ePUBfixer; I was making the observation that others may experience the same frustration that I feel when attempting to use it--whoever wrote the instructions wrote from the perspective of someone who already knows how to use ePUBfixer. (Was this you?) As I said, I think it could be a nifty tool, but the documentation is so scant and confusing that I--speaking solely for me--don't have the time to sit around and try 20 things just to find out what works and what doesn't, or to sit there and test 5 different things just to write up my own "instruction manual" for our new staffers who could use a tool similar to ePUBfixer. It's unfortunate.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote