Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
Metadata Plugboard Problem (mobi/kindle)

Hi,

I am using the following metadata plugboard and i have it set for title.
Originally i had it just set for the file types mobi. azw and azw3 but when i noticed this problem today, i added any format/any device.
{series:|| }{series_index:0>2s|[|] - }{title}

If I convert something to Mobi, with the kindle option, Mobi File type set to New or Both, When i send the files to my KT, the plugboard does not work.

If i convert to old, when i send the file it works
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:14 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes, currently updating metadata (and therefore plugboards) will not work when you have both filetypes in a MOBI. I suggest you stick to using AZW3 if you need to use plugboards.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:38 AM   #3
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Yes, currently updating metadata (and therefore plugboards) will not work when you have both filetypes in a MOBI. I suggest you stick to using AZW3 if you need to use plugboards.
Oops. That's good to know... (scurries off to set the MOBI output back to 'old').
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:45 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Joint MOBI 6 files have two places where the metadata is duplicated. The calibre mobi metadata code only updates one of those two places. At some point I need to update that code to handle both, but given the amount of effort that would take (MOBI is an extremely poorly designed format) it's not a priority.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:29 AM   #5
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Joint MOBI 6 files have two places where the metadata is duplicated. The calibre mobi metadata code only updates one of those two places. At some point I need to update that code to handle both, but given the amount of effort that would take (MOBI is an extremely poorly designed format) it's not a priority.
No problem; my Kindle DX won't handle KF8 anyway, and I don't think it ever will. I just switched to 'both' as a kind of futureproofing, but if that means plugboards stop working, I'll just as happily switch back.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:44 AM   #6
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
Thanks, i'ts good to know i'm not doing anything wrong. i will switch back to using azw3.
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote