Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-05-2010, 06:56 PM   #1
MaryV
MaryV began at the beginning.

Device: Astak 5" Pocket Pro
Newbies First Day on website

Hello all. I am interested in updates on ebook readers, especially Astak readers. Are they coming out with improved readers: color capable and better sorting. I have the 5" pocket pro and love it. Do color capable models use more power? Thanks.
MaryV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:01 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Mary and welcome to MobileRead, Color capable readers are, apparently, not to far in the distant future. Hang out here and you'll be one of the first to know.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2010, 07:02 PM   #3
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi Mary, welcome to MR. Color e-ink readers are still a little ways off, I think, though we've heard a lot of rumblings about color, nothing has shown up in the market place yet.

Someone familiar with Astak readers will be able help you out with reports on upcoming models.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:06 PM   #4
MaryV

Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Hi Mary, welcome to MR. Color e-ink readers are still a little ways off, I think, though we've heard a lot of rumblings about color, nothing has shown up in the market place yet.

Someone familiar with Astak readers will be able help you out with reports on upcoming models.
Thanks. I will have to work on how to get around the different notices that are posted. I appreciate your response.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:07 PM   #5
MaryV

I am not sure you got my reply. I am still working on how to respond. Thanks for the information.
Advert
Old 09-05-2010, 07:09 PM   #6
MaryV

Thanks. I will review the website for updates. Appreciate your response.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:16 PM   #7
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:18 AM   #8
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:23 AM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Mary.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #10
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
welcome
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:21 PM   #11
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Marv. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:57 PM   #12
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:38 PM   #13
MaryV

Love the cat. Thanks for the welcome.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:07 PM   #14
OBoyle
Sr. Reader, Jr. Member
OBoyle began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600, PRS-650
I actually join this forum a week or so ago. Since then there are any number of times I’ve been reminded that I have not yet introduced myself. This should remedy that oversight.

I am a retired senior citizen who has been recently discovered e-books. I have a Sony PRS 600 reader, and a second Sony PRS 600 reader, which I bought as a backup, but has now been usurped by my wife.

I discovered Calibre very early on, and was immediately impressed. I quickly forwarded a small token of my appreciation to the author via PayPal. For any of you who haven't done that, and use the product (and have the wherewithal) I suggest that it would be a wise idea.

As a newbie in this forum I have several questions. Some are relative to Calibre, and others are relative to the Sony device I own and/or the next Sony device that I will own.

As time goes on I hope I will be able to be of help to others as I'm certain you people are going to be to me.

Thanks for the use of the soap box!

J.
OBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:14 PM   #15
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Mary V; another cat here. Welcome on MR from The Netherlands.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote