Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-05-2012, 06:33 AM   #76
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
hum, guys, "her" is here ...( and knc1, you can say "you" to me...)

So what do you want me to do ?
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:38 AM   #77
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post

reboot, enter usb mode, and run "mount" and "df -h", and then the other commands posted earlier
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2012, 07:00 AM   #78
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:

Sorry if I offended you.
I was trying to write to two people in the same post, which must be confusing, my bad.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:07 AM   #79
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No problem, ixtab knows my sense of humor

So, to get it right:
1. Do I un-install the jailbreak yes or no before SSH ?
2. Reboot or Restore ?
The rest is clear I guess :
3. SSH
4. "mount"
5. "df-h"

Correct ?
Old 12-05-2012, 07:10 AM   #80
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No problem, ixtab knows my sense of humor

So, to get it right:
1. Do I un-install the jailbreak yes or no before SSH ?
2. Reboot or Restore ?
The rest is clear I guess :
3. SSH
4. "mount"
5. "df-h"

Correct ?
1. Nope
2. Only reboot
... and 6. Run the other commands I previously posted (too lazy to find the post right now )
7. Post output of 4., 5., and 6. here
Advert
Old 12-05-2012, 07:12 AM   #81
aceflor
Wizard

Will do.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:20 AM   #82
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Palm IIIx, (iPhone|Kindle) Touch
Quote:
5. "df-h"Correct ?
There needs to be a space before the hypen: df -h
bhaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:30 AM   #83
aceflor
Wizard

There you go :

Quote:
[root@kindle root]# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type ext3 (ro,noatime,nodiratime,data=writeback)
none on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
none on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,gid=5,mode=620)
tmpfs on /var type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=32768k)
/dev/loop/2 on /lib/firmware/cyttsp type cramfs (ro,noatime,nodiratime)
/dev/loop/3 on /usr/share/X11/xkb type cramfs (ro,noatime,nodiratime)
/dev/loop/4 on /usr/java/lib/fonts type cramfs (ro,noatime,nodiratime)
/dev/loop/5 on /etc/kdb.src type cramfs (ro,noatime,nodiratime)
/dev/loop/6 on /usr/lib/locale type cramfs (ro,noatime,nodiratime)
/dev/loop/7 on /usr/share/keyboard type cramfs (ro,noatime,nodiratime)
/dev/mmcblk0p3 on /var/local type ext3 (rw,relatime,errors=continue,data=writeback)
/dev/loop/0 on /mnt/base-us type vfat (rw,noexec,noatime,nodiratime,fmask=0022,dmask=002 2,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)
fsp on /mnt/us type fuse.fsp (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_id=0,group_id=0)
/dev/mmcblk0p2 on /mnt/mmc type ext3 (rw,relatime,data=writeback)
[root@kindle root]# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 340.2M 244.1M 79.0M 76% /
tmpfs 125.1M 60.0K 125.0M 0% /dev
tmpfs 125.1M 0 125.1M 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs 32.0M 624.0K 31.4M 2% /var
/dev/loop/2 216.0K 216.0K 0 100% /lib/firmware/cyttsp
/dev/loop/3 2.5M 2.5M 0 100% /usr/share/X11/xkb
/dev/loop/4 96.3M 96.3M 0 100% /usr/java/lib/fonts
/dev/loop/5 1.3M 1.3M 0 100% /etc/kdb.src
/dev/loop/6 7.9M 7.9M 0 100% /usr/lib/locale
/dev/loop/7 8.7M 8.7M 0 100% /usr/share/keyboard
/dev/mmcblk0p3 62.0M 15.6M 43.2M 26% /var/local
/dev/loop/0 1.4G 270.2M 1.1G 19% /mnt/base-us
fsp 1.4G 270.2M 1.1G 19% /mnt/us
/dev/mmcblk0p2 62.2M 4.2M 54.9M 7% /mnt/mmc
[root@kindle root]# mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /mnt/mmc
mount: /dev/mmcblk0p2 already mounted or /mnt/mmc busy
mount: according to mtab, /dev/mmcblk0p2 is already mounted on /mnt/mmc
[root@kindle root]# ls -la /mnt/mmc/etc/shad*
ls: /mnt/mmc/etc/shad*: No such file or directory
[root@kindle root]# cp -f /mnt/mmc/etc/shadow /mnt/mmc/etc/shadow.before_rescue_
pack
cp: can't stat '/mnt/mmc/etc/shadow': No such file or directory

Last edited by ixtab; 12-05-2012 at 07:59 AM. Reason: oops, sry, wrong button. Accidentally pressed "edit" instead of "quote"
Old 12-05-2012, 08:01 AM   #84
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
There you go :
This is getting weirder and weirder with every new information. So, it seems like *for some reason*, your device already mounts the diags partition by itself when it boots. But even more interestingly, there is no /etc/shadow file on that partition. WTF?

Please post the result of "find /mnt/mmc". (This may produce a lot of output; if it does, try "find /mnt/mmc/etc" instead).
Old 12-05-2012, 08:01 AM   #85
aceflor
Wizard

How could you edit my post ????
Old 12-05-2012, 08:03 AM   #86
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
There you go :
ixtab was correct, I was wrong:
Code:
root@kindle root]# mount
- - - - -
/dev/mmcblk0p2 on /mnt/mmc type ext3 (rw,relatime,data=writeback)
There it is.

Code:
[root@kindle root]# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
- - - - -
/dev/mmcblk0p2 62.2M 4.2M 54.9M 7% /mnt/mmc
Lost of room left there

Code:
[root@kindle root]# mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /mnt/mmc
mount: /dev/mmcblk0p2 already mounted or /mnt/mmc busy
mount: according to mtab, /dev/mmcblk0p2 is already mounted on /mnt/mmc
Message is correct, see first test above.

Code:
ls: /mnt/mmc/etc/shad*: No such file or directory
[root@kindle root]# cp -f /mnt/mmc/etc/shadow /mnt/mmc/etc/shadow.before_rescue_
pack
cp: can't stat '/mnt/mmc/etc/shadow': No such file or directory
All expected failures, considering the first test.

Sorry, I don't have a clue as to why.

Perhaps the contents of /etc/version.txt and /etc/pretty_version.txt would tell us if both of you have the same firmware build.
(or, whatever their exact version filenames are, I don't have a Kpw myself)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #87
aceflor
Wizard

There again :
Quote:
[root@kindle root]# find /mnt/mmc
/mnt/mmc
/mnt/mmc/usr
/mnt/mmc/usr/local
/mnt/mmc/usr/local/bin
/mnt/mmc/usr/local/bin/dropbearmulti
/mnt/mmc/usr/local/bin/dbclient
/mnt/mmc/usr/local/bin/dropbearconvert
/mnt/mmc/usr/local/bin/dropbearkey
/mnt/mmc/usr/local/bin/scp
/mnt/mmc/usr/local/sbin
/mnt/mmc/usr/local/etc
/mnt/mmc/usr/local/etc/dropbear
/mnt/mmc/usr/local/etc/dropbear/dropbear_rsa_host_key
/mnt/mmc/usr/local/etc/dropbear/dropbear_dss_host_key
[root@kindle root]#
Old 12-05-2012, 08:07 AM   #88
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
How could you edit my post ????
I'm a moderator on this forum now (since yesterday). Sorry, still have to get used to carefully checking which buttons I use
Old 12-05-2012, 08:10 AM   #89
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
There again :
Ummm.... yeah. Your diags partition is COMPLETELY empty (except for the few files that the jailbreak installed). Yeah, please post your version information etc. Your device seems to be in a very specific, interesting, and unexpected, state. Does anyone have an explanation for that?
Old 12-05-2012, 08:28 AM   #90
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
I'm a moderator on this forum now (since yesterday).
Congratulations
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote