Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #541
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Have you tried one of my versions of Charis SIL? They come in all the different styles.
I have, yes. They are beautiful! But, even the regular is so dark that it bothers my eyes
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #542
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeighs View Post
Okay, I've finally jumped into this. I'm not thrilled with anything I've tried so far. I love the Palatino but I'd like it to be a little darker. I've found (for free) Palatino-Medium regular and also italic. What I can't find is bold or bold italic. It's my understanding that if I load a font into the folder, I have to load all types of the font in order for it to work properly. Do I have that right?

You have the Bold and Bold Italic on your PC unless you have a MAC. It's a standard Windows font. Look in your Font folder.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2013, 12:19 PM   #543
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You have the Bold and Bold Italic on your PC unless you have a MAC. It's a standard Windows font. Look in your Font folder.
I've looked and all I see is Palatino Linotype, which I tried. It looks different to me. I have the Linotype in regular, italic, bold, bold-italic, but no medium. Or are you saying all Palatino fonts are the same? Obviously I'm rather confused.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #544
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeighs View Post
I've looked and all I see is Palatino Linotype, which I tried. It looks different to me. I have the Linotype in regular, italic, bold, bold-italic, but no medium. Or are you saying all Palatino fonts are the same? Obviously I'm rather confused.
Take the Bold and Bold Italic and then take Palatino Medium and Palatino Medium Italic and open Type Light 3.2 and rename the family to match each other. They will work together. They are the same font just subtle differences you wont notice on the Kindle.

Just for reference here is the Palatino family preview as you can see Palatino Bold and Bold Italic are to be used with Palatino Medium.

Last edited by Blossom; 02-12-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:51 PM   #545
JLeighs
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Take the Bold and Bold Italic and then take Palatino Medium and Palatino Medium Italic and open Type Light 3.2 and rename the family to match each other. They will work together. They are the same font just subtle differences you wont notice on the Kindle.

Just for reference here is the Palatino family preview as you can see Palatino Bold and Bold Italic are to be used with Palatino Medium.
Okay, so I open each font in Type Light and rename them all? When you say "same family" does that mean I should name them all "PalatinoMedium-regular.ttf" (and bold, bold italic, italic)? I'm sorry if these are stupid questions. I'm new to all this.

Edit: Okay, I did that. The font is very different than the Palatino font in the Kindle.

Last edited by JLeighs; 02-12-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Advert
Old 02-12-2013, 01:13 PM   #546
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Does anyone have a nice sans serif font that they are able to share, pretty please?
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #547
JLeighs
Addict

I think I fixed it. It looks very close to the original Palatino. The main difference I can see is that it's a smaller font.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #548
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
Does anyone have a nice sans serif font that they are able to share, pretty please?
Sent you a PM. Have a look at that font
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #549
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Sent you a PM. Have a look at that font
Is this a new one you've modified?
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #550
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, if you already have my fat Georgia, Verdana or DejaVu Serif, then there is no need to download them again. They're still the same ones. But I can make you an obese one, if you so desire...

I've sent Yolina the Verdana version, as she wanted a Sans Serif font.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #551
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
'VOLLKORN'

I often use a font called 'VOLLKORN'. Serif and clear.

Try it out:

http://friedrichalthausen.de/?page_id=411

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #552
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
No, if you already have my fat Georgia, Verdana or DejaVu Serif, then there is no need to download them again. They're still the same ones. But I can make you an obese one, if you so desire...

Ah ok, just checking if it was a new one. Thanks.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #553
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:

And it's great thanks
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #554
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer

Have fun with it
Old 02-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #555
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogus View Post
'VOLLKORN'

I often use a font called 'VOLLKORN'. Serif and clear.

Try it out:

http://friedrichalthausen.de/?page_id=411

A.
Very pretty! Thanks for the tip.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote