Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-08-2017, 01:39 PM   #1
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
Audible purchases don't appear on my new KAO2

When I try to deliver my new audible books to my new KAO2 using My Content and Devices, it says my Oasis is not compatible.

It is compatible, duh. And I already successfully downloaded two previous audible purchases onto it.

I'm on to audible support about it right now, but they are not proving very clued up.

I've done all the usual things, restarting it, syncing etc. And now they are asking which generation of kindle I have (when I already told them it was a KAO2 - so it looks like this is not used as an acronym by amazon). Now they're telling me to restart it and try syncing it - I'm telling them I did that.

On my third person.

The second one gave up and told me to deregister my device!!!

- when you know so much more about kindle support than the kindle support staff, it's kind of frustrating.

On person three now.

If this is how audible is going to be in practice, I'll be tempted to ask for an exchange to a model with less storage.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:40 PM   #2
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh my goodness, I'm on person four.

Just get me a person who actually knows something, please.
Advert
Old 12-08-2017, 01:41 PM   #3
Pjama
Guru

I'm being passed from audible to amazon and now I'm back to audible.

And having to explain everything from square one each time.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:51 PM   #4
Pjama
Guru

And - it is because they are authorizing the payment with my bank - even though I purchased using my 1-click on amazon, the purchase is not made with the amazon account. Even though the amazon account is linked to audible, audible handles the purchases somewhat archaically compared to amazon. So they will appear - just after a delay.

Just not what I'm used to with amazon, where you purchase a book and have it instantaneously.

Still shaking my head at 'Glen' who told me to deregister my device and then disappeared.

At least PERSON FOUR had some nous.

It has taken half an hour to sort this out.

AND: It doesn't explain why My Content and Devices does not view the new Oasis as a compatible device. I'm asking them if this needs updated.

Last edited by Pjama; 12-08-2017 at 01:53 PM.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:54 PM   #5
Pjama
Guru

"It still doesnt explain
why under My Content and Devices
my new Oasis is declared incompatible
Does My Content and Devices require upgrading?
Jhenelle:I am going to get you to tech support so they can assist you with that query.
Hold please"

So they are trying to put me onto person number five, which is when I duck out. I have never been passed around like this by amazon, ever. They are usually impeccable at customer service.
Advert
Old 12-08-2017, 01:58 PM   #6
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
And now they are asking which generation of kindle I have (when I already told them it was a KAO2 - so it looks like this is not used as an acronym by amazon).
Amazon calls that device "Kindle Oasis (9th Generation)",
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:59 PM   #7
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
"It still doesnt explain
why under My Content and Devices
my new Oasis is declared incompatible
Does My Content and Devices require upgrading?
Jhenelle:I am going to get you to tech support so they can assist you with that query.
Hold please"

So they are trying to put me onto person number five, which is when I duck out. I have never been passed around like this by amazon, ever. They are usually impeccable at customer service.
When I buy a new Audio I wait until it’s showing on my Oasis before I try to:
download it.

Is your Amazon ‘Content and Devices’ showing the Oasis as incompatible?
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:00 PM   #8
Pjama
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Amazon calls that device "Kindle Oasis (9th Generation)",
Yes, somehow, I couldn't be bothered typing that.

I did explain many times that it was the 7" 2017 edition with built-in audible.

Can everyone else transfer audible books to their new oasis using My Content and Devices?

Last edited by Pjama; 12-08-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:03 PM   #9
Pjama
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
When I buy a new Audio I wait until it’s showing on my Oasis before I try to:
download it.

Is your Amazon ‘Content and Devices’ showing the Oasis as incompatible?
Yes, the only kindle that shows as being compatible is a really old one of mine - a Kindle Keyboard (K3). Everything else is greyed out.

ADDED: It's also the same via audible - only the K3 is selectable as an option.

Yes - waiting. I need to work on my patience. I was expecting it to be the same as the kindle books, in that they would show instantly in the cloud. I think I need to readjust my expectations for the audible books - they've showed up now, at last.

ADDED: I'm now trying to transfer them via usb - I can download them from audible and then I'll see if it'll let me side load them to my KOA2. (On which they have been listed as 'queued' for over half an hour, and I want to listen to one of them in the car in five mins.) I honestly wasn't expecting this whole process to take well over an hour...

(And - I do know audio files are much bigger than books, but, still...).

Last edited by Pjama; 12-08-2017 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:57 PM   #10
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Yes, somehow, I couldn't be bothered typing that.

I did explain many times that it was the 7" 2017 edition with built-in audible.

Can everyone else transfer audible books to their new oasis using My Content and Devices?
I just tried it, and I can't. I can download them from the Kindle itself, but if I try to send from My Content and Devices, the Oasis is greyed out and listed as not compatible.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:24 AM   #11
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
I just tried it, and I can't. I can download them from the Kindle itself, but if I try to send from My Content and Devices, the Oasis is greyed out and listed as not compatible.

Shari
Same here, just looked. Able do download from Kindle, but unable to deliver.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 01:49 PM   #12
June
Addict
June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Oasis 1&2 and others
I just tried as well, and my Oasis2 is grayed out in AmazonUK, so cant deliver any of the audible audiobooks to it, only to the iPhone app
June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 04:56 PM   #13
Ranny
Connoisseur
Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I assume you can download going into the audible view on your Oasis?

I've always thought, due to size, they don't auto download, or at least need to be activated by device.
Ranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:46 PM   #14
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranny View Post
I assume you can download going into the audible view on your Oasis?

I've always thought, due to size, they don't auto download, or at least need to be activated by device.
Size doesn't matter, I don't think. It only allows to download over wifi anyway. The cellular connection of my Oasis won't let me download any audiobooks.

Audible view (?) is not necessary. If you have both ebook and audible of the same title it will show either a book icon (if audible is selected as filter) or a headphone icon. If you only want the audiobook, the option (...) let's you download the audio version without downloading the ebook.

Any audiobook which you don't have the ebook version of will show up alongside everything else in the library if either "all" or "audible" is selected as filter.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:02 AM   #15
thamescat
thamescat began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis 2
Same issue here. Try downloading under search from the Oasis instead of from contents and devices. Sometimes that works. Also can click on "home" if that option appears. I have trouble with digital library books not appearing and sometimes this works. It is definitely an issue with the new Oasis.
thamescat is offline   Reply With Quote