Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-12-2017, 11:14 AM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Received by a lot of things on my Linux desktop system.

Yes, I mean you.
It is poor form to include advertisements with every post.
Hopper isn't the only one advertising Tapatalk. Others are doing so as well and yes, it is annoying.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:21 AM   #32
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fendesa View Post
I just updated the Kindle Voyage to 5.8.11 but I don't see black invert.

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1A utilizzando Tapatalk
In addition to the black invert, I also don't see the ragged right feature.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2017, 11:21 AM   #33
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Release notes from the Software Update page:

Quote:
This update includes general performance improvements and the following new features:

Bold Control: You can now set the boldness level on all reading fonts for enhanced readability and eye comfort. The new bold option can be controlled from the Display Settings (Aa) menu in books.

More Font Sizes: You can now choose from 14 different font sizes to suit your reading preference.

Redesigned Search Results: See chapter headers with in-book search results to help you find what you are looking for.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:22 AM   #34
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Hopper isn't the only one advertising Tapatalk. Others are doing so as well and yes, it is annoying.
Ah. You mean the signature block. I don't see how this is an advert. And even if it were, you could both have approached the issue with a little less rudeness.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:23 AM   #35
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Release notes from the Software Update page:
Thanks. I wonder if that means the black invert and ragged right alignment are only available on the new Oasis, although I thought I read that they would be available to the 2013 PWs and newer kindles...
Advert
Old 10-12-2017, 11:23 AM   #36
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
...I also don't see the ragged right feature.
It is in the "PAGE" tab of the "Aa" popup, bottom right, called "ALIGNMENT".
Old 10-12-2017, 11:25 AM   #37
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
It is in the "PAGE" tab of the "Aa" popup, bottom right, called "ALIGNMENT".
I've updated and do not have the ragged right under the alignment section. I only the justified option, and the left aligned option is greyed out for the book I'm reading.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:32 AM   #38
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I've updated and do not have the ragged right under the alignment section. I only the justified option, and the left aligned option is greyed out for the book I'm reading.
It is only available for books in KFX format.

(That feature is not new. It has been there since the 5.8.9 firmware release.)

Last edited by jhowell; 10-12-2017 at 11:35 AM.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:38 AM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopper View Post
Ah. You mean the signature block. I don't see how this is an advert. And even if it were, you could both have approached the issue with a little less rudeness.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I wasn't being rude. I was just stating a fact. It is advertising and it is annoying.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:42 AM   #40
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
I noticed that Amazon has revamped the font menu. It's now possible to control the boldness of fonts with the new Bold option. (IIRC, some Kobo models had a similar option for quite some time.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	font.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	159412  
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:58 AM   #41
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Just updated. I love the new bold and font size choices on my Voyage!
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:05 PM   #42
newday07
Connoisseur
newday07 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 3
Are Search Results better than before?
newday07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:07 PM   #43
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
Is the boldness slider only available on 300 DPI models? It's not showing on my Paperwhite 2.
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:09 PM   #44
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
In addition to the black invert, I also don't see the ragged right feature.
Ragged right was there previously. It requires books that support ‘enhanced typography’, and is not available for side-loaded content (at least without hacking).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:15 PM   #45
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrf View Post
Is the boldness slider only available on 300 DPI models? It's not showing on my Paperwhite 2.
I have a PW2 and I am seeing it. It looks like the screenshot a few posts above.

Tags
font_ramp