Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-12-2017, 02:48 AM   #1
rybshik
rybshik knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rybshik knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rybshik knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rybshik knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rybshik knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rybshik knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rybshik knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rybshik knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rybshik knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rybshik knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'rybshik knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Borrowing from Canadian public library directly on/to device

Can one borrow a Canadian public library e-book to a Kobo Glo HD device via Wi-Fi without using any other computer or electronic device?

I mean the whole borrowing process is initiated and completed on a Kobo device connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi.

Assuming that the library does have/lend e-books in Epub format.

Thanks!
rybshik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 03:56 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Sorry, not on the Glo HD.

The Aura ONE has Overdrive integration. You can use the Aura ONE to search for and borrow books from an OD library that is part of this. Once you have borrowed the book, if you have another Kobo device signed into the same Kobo account, the books will be downloaded there as well.

We don't know why Kobo have not enabled the full OD function on the other devices. I was expected it to be enabled a few months after the Aura ONE was released. Or when the next device was released.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2017, 09:44 AM   #3
JDM1
JDM1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I can't understand why his function is limited to only one of thier devices.
Bad marketing idea ?
JDM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:58 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Rather I think it's to differentiate between newer and older devices; premium and standard devices.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 01:03 PM   #5
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Rather I think it's to differentiate between newer and older devices; premium and standard devices.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

so going by that logic i assume Overdrive is on the new H2O Edition 2?

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2017, 01:17 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
No.... PREMIUM vs standard

I just knew someone would make that pithy comment
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 01:41 PM   #7
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
No.... PREMIUM vs standard

I just knew someone would make that pithy comment

pithy comment to you, let's hope the owners of the new H2O Edition 2 agree with you.

btw i can think of a few words to describe the KA1 but PREMIUM wouldn't be one of them.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
borrow, kobo, overdrive, public library