Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-14-2018, 04:18 PM   #16
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
I finally got it to work after lots of help from the internet and messing around with settings on the LG. Evidently it is a problem with Android 6. So glad to get it to work and to have a backup program! Thanks for the help.
What settings did you have to use? I just updated the app on my Huawei mediapad m3 and it worked fine. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it still worked. I don't have screen overlay set for apk extractor, but I got the message screen overlay detected from two other apps. Those two apps do have screen overlay set to on.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 04:29 PM   #17
peaceridge
Fanatic
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lg Gpad x8.3, Nexus 7.2, Galaxy Note 8 & Note 10(14), Kobo Aura 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
What settings did you have to use? I just updated the app on my Huawei mediapad m3 and it worked fine. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it still worked. I don't have screen overlay set for apk extractor, but I got the message screen overlay detected from two other apps. Those two apps do have screen overlay set to on.
What finally worked on Android 6.0
go to settings
go to application manager
go to 3 dots in upper right
go to configure apps
go to draw over other apps in the list
in the box that probably says Enabled, click to go to apps with permission
turn them all off

Some of the websites said to turn them off in the Enabled, but mine were greyed out, but apps with permission let me turn them off.

Hope this helps.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 08:28 PM   #18
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
What finally worked on Android 6.0
go to settings
go to application manager
go to 3 dots in upper right
go to configure apps
go to draw over other apps in the list
in the box that probably says Enabled, click to go to apps with permission
turn them all off

Some of the websites said to turn them off in the Enabled, but mine were greyed out, but apps with permission let me turn them off.

Hope this helps.
Some of your apps that use draw over other apps may not work correctly with that turned off. I use screendim full and it doesn't work properly with that setting turned off. But like I said before apk extractor works for me even with apps set to draw over other apps. It just flashes a quick message that other apps have that permission.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:40 AM   #19
peaceridge
Fanatic
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lg Gpad x8.3, Nexus 7.2, Galaxy Note 8 & Note 10(14), Kobo Aura 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Some of your apps that use draw over other apps may not work correctly with that turned off. I use screendim full and it doesn't work properly with that setting turned off. But like I said before apk extractor works for me even with apps set to draw over other apps. It just flashes a quick message that other apps have that permission.
So far, so good on the other apps. Since this is my reader tablet, I seldom use anything but Calibre Companion and reader apps - mainly Bookari and Moon+ if Bookari can't read a book. Probably would be more dangerous turning them off on my phone.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote