Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-21-2018, 06:58 PM   #1
bookandtea
Mint Magic
bookandtea began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kindle Oasis
Books have lost color

I'm converting many Kindle books from AZW3 and KFX to EPUB so I can load them onto my forthcoming Kobo Forma. I'm noticing that in nearly every book containing color photos or illustrations, the book converts to black and white. I'd love to find a way to fix this, is it possible?

I've looked through the settings and can't seem to locate where/what needs tweaking.

Thanks!
bookandtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:48 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Books in KFX format taken from a Kindle device will typically have all images in black and white to save on storage.

To avoid this either download the book directly from Amazon’s website or obtain it using Kindle for PC or Mac.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:46 AM   #3
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
so you have a forthcoming Kobo forma that can display coloured pictures ???.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:43 AM   #4
bookandtea
Mint Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Books in KFX format taken from a Kindle device will typically have all images in black and white to save on storage.

To avoid this either download the book directly from Amazon’s website or obtain it using Kindle for PC or Mac.
Thank you, I’ll try that!
Old 10-22-2018, 02:44 AM   #5
bookandtea
Mint Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
so you have a forthcoming Kobo forma that can display coloured pictures ???.
Good username.