Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-15-2019, 11:28 PM   #1516
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
I used to prefer beach reading books where you had to read one paragraph then think about it for an hour.

With ebooks - no need.
Seriously--not facetiously . . . . Are there any beaches in Britain (whatever the combination of England, Scotland and Ireland are called) where the air temperature is sometimes warm enough to go to the beach? Are there any nice beaches, themselves, in Britain (being sandy would be one essential characteristic for me)? If not, I think that I would read one paragraph of the book and . . . go back home!

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 08-16-2019 at 07:37 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 11:40 PM   #1517
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell;387913
<snip>
Bonbons for Your Brain - free
[url
https://www.amazon.com/Bonbons-Your-Brain-Diane-Vallere-ebook/dp/B07MBV3V68/[/url]
I love that post, and especially being able to read the book's description! Now I can go buy and eat a bunch of candy bars, lots of chocolate ice cream, box after box of chocolates . . . and never feel a pang of guilt! I can tell myself that I'm just doing it for my _brain health_! Thanks so much for the post, GA!

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 08-15-2019 at 11:51 PM.
Advert
Old 08-16-2019, 01:37 AM   #1518
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
You're welcome, Gtrs!

Last edited by GA Russell; 08-16-2019 at 11:51 AM.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 10:21 AM   #1519
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Seriously--not facetiously . . . . Are there any beaches in Britain (whatever the combination of England, Scotland and Ireland are called) where the air temperature is sometimes warm enough to go to the beach? Are there any nice beaches, themselves, in Britain (being sandy would be one essential characteristic for me)? If not, I think that I would read one paragraph of the book and . . . go back home!
Brighton Beach is a beautiful sandy beach. We've had a few heat waves recently.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 07:36 PM   #1520
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingManiac View Post
Brighton Beach is a beautiful sandy beach. We've had a few heat waves recently.
I've been wanting to visit Great Britain for quite some time. The great majority of my blood probably is English (based upon the surnames in a great number of my ancestors), and Scots-Irish (based upon well-established family history).

But, a stop at Brighton Beach for a few days could certainly be considered part of my research.

In all seriousness, thanks for the info. I'm going to do a search right now for some pics (not Picts. ha.) of the place!
Advert
Old 08-16-2019, 09:28 PM   #1521
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I've been wanting to visit Great Britain for quite some time. The great majority of my blood probably is English (based upon the surnames in a great number of my ancestors), and Scots-Irish (based upon well-established family history).

But, a stop at Brighton Beach for a few days could certainly be considered part of my research.

In all seriousness, thanks for the info. I'm going to do a search right now for some pics (not Picts. ha.) of the place!

Here's another B, Bournmouth 16C 60F today

https://diamondgeezer.blogspot.com/2...urnemouth.html
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:20 PM   #1522
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
Here's another B, Bournmouth 16C 60F today

https://diamondgeezer.blogspot.com/2...urnemouth.html
Thanks!
Old 08-17-2019, 11:11 AM   #1523
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How to Make Every Day a Walk in the Park: 101 Empowering Ways to Connect With Nature (and Yourself) - free
https://www.amazon.com/How-Make-Ever...dp/B07STP3SZ2/
Old 08-17-2019, 07:34 PM   #1524
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
How to Make Every Day a Walk in the Park: 101 Empowering Ways to Connect With Nature (and Yourself) - free
https://www.amazon.com/How-Make-Ever...dp/B07STP3SZ2/
Didn't look through the book much at all. There were just 7 reviews at Amazon, none at GoodReads, but all of the ratings at Amazon were "5's." That made it worth a download.

I just loved the hand-painted pictures on the cover. That, too, made it worth a download.

Thanks.
Old 08-18-2019, 11:15 AM   #1525
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Financial Terms Dictionary - 100 Most Popular Financial Terms Explained - free
https://www.amazon.com/Financial-Ter...dp/B073MJZ3GJ/
Old 08-18-2019, 04:12 PM   #1526
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Financial Terms Dictionary - 100 Most Popular Financial Terms Explained - free
https://www.amazon.com/Financial-Ter...dp/B073MJZ3GJ/
Looks like another diamond in the dust, GA. Thanks once again!

It won't be necessary for the book to define "broke, "insolvent," "tapped out," et al. From personal experience, I already know what they mean.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 08-18-2019 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-20-2019, 01:19 PM   #1527
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Developing Emotional Intelligence For Kids In 5 Steps - free
https://www.amazon.com/Developing-Em...dp/B07FCWX28C/

Ultimate Ebook Creator - free
https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Eboo...dp/B00A1X2HGG/
Old 08-21-2019, 03:54 PM   #1528
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Riddles And Brain Teasers - free
https://www.amazon.com/Riddles-Brain...dp/B07KNXRJ29/
Old 08-22-2019, 12:49 PM   #1529
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Barking Up the Wrong Tree: The Surprising Science Behind Why Everything You Know About Success Is (Mostly) Wrong - $1.99
https://www.amazon.com/Barking-Wrong...dp/B01KT104RI/
Old 08-23-2019, 11:50 PM   #1530
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Objections to Evolution from a NON-RELIGIOUS Point of View. 99 Cents.

Thankfully, there is a thread where this can be put, otherwise I'd have a hard time putting it anywhere. "Christian Interest" wouldn't work; followers of the "Non-Fiction" thread might balk.

The book proposes to attack the theory of biological evolution on the basis of science alone. In fact, I don't know (yet) if the author, Dr. Nirushan Sivanesan would identify himself as a Bible-believer.

His biography:"Nirushan Sivanesan is a medical doctor and author whose book Objections to Evolution criticises the Theory of Evolution. He is conversant with metaphysical views on various philosophies and schools of thought on life, and his work encourages critical thinking and challenges the status quo."

Description
The Theory of Evolution, as proposed by Charles Darwin in 1859, has been plagued by controversy and criticisms since its inception. But in the Western World at least, the fight seems to be almost over, with evolution being seen by many as a sealed deal. The theory has made its way into science textbooks and lodged itself firmly in there.

Could this be the biggest mistake the scientific community has ever made?

Objections to Evolution addresses this question. It re-examines the evidence for evolution and brings forth a new case against it from a non-religious perspective.

This case contains completely unique and thought-provoking ideas, arguments and theories. It asks and answers fundamental questions, which have not been addressed previously, and attempts to create a revolution in the way we think about our origins.

There aren't enough ratings at Amazon or GoodReads to get a good feel for the average feelings by readers about the book. Amazon raters are pretty sanguine, though; GoodReads raters basically savage the book.

IMHO, the book lends hope to bringing a breath of fresh air into the stale air that is the evolution-creation debate today (IMHO). I'm excited about reading it.

Objections to Evolution, by Dr Nirushan Sivanesan. Get it here.

Over 350 pages. Like the title says, it's only 99 cents.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 08-23-2019 at 11:52 PM.