Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-11-2022, 05:17 AM   #17146
Rid
Groupie
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura HD (R.I.P.) :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty-horse View Post
PARTNERS has evolved and is now PARTNERS22.
40% off, multiple use.

worked twice

Last edited by Rid; 05-11-2022 at 05:25 AM.
Rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 06:47 AM   #17147
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
I maned to use it again, after several ineligible attempts
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 08:05 PM   #17148
winsomnia
Groupie
winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kobo Touch, kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by KjellM View Post
The Kobo e-gift card "glitch" hit me this time ! The e-mail to my wife saying she had received an e-gift card never arrived, so I had to contact Kobo Customer Care. No issues with Kobo Customer Care, they manually posted the Store Credit to her account, and posted the $10 bonus to my account.
My own story is interesting...
My attempt to purchase failed to make it to the email address, so I cancelled the order through customer service... and wound up with double the amount back... 2 x $60 = refund of $120...

What happened was (I can only assume) the customer care agent removed my original purchase of $60, and then went to credit me $60 (I don't know why). All they had to do was the initial cancellation. Anyway, I hope my new windfall doesn't get taken away... I doubt that this will be caught by any live person in the end.

This just happened, minutes ago.
Edited to add: I used store credit to purchase the initial $60 gift card.
So store credit purchase removed plus refund credit = double the amount back.

Last edited by winsomnia; 05-11-2022 at 08:07 PM. Reason: additional comment
winsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 08:53 PM   #17149
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winsomnia View Post
My attempt to purchase failed to make it to the email address, so I cancelled the order through customer service... and wound up with double the amount back... 2 x $60 = refund of $120...

What happened was (I can only assume) the customer care agent removed my original purchase of $60, and then went to credit me $60 (I don't know why). All they had to do was the initial cancellation. Anyway, I hope my new windfall doesn't get taken away... I doubt that this will be caught by any live person in the end.

It may be policy? I had a similar experience a few months ago with a smaller value gift card bought using my CC - ended up getting twice the value bought.
Old 05-11-2022, 11:08 PM   #17150
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by winsomnia View Post

I had to do this as well. And what the customer care agent offered to do would probably have ended up with this. What they offered to do was:

Quote:
I see, I will redeem the store credit to the first account and then send it to the second account is that okay for you?
Which would have given me back the store credit that I used to buy the card but still gave the new credit elsewhere. But, while I was sending the egift to a different email address, I was planning on redeeming it back to my account.

For the record, the problem was that the egift email did not arrive at my email address. There is a resend option which I tried a couple of times. I think the reason it failed was that the date for delivery was before the date that I purchased the egift. I'm not sure if that was a timezone issue (buying in Australia vs wherever the store is) or Firefox "helpfully" filling in the details of the last purchase. Of course, it is a bug at Kobo as it should not have been accepted or should have been treated as "now".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 05:25 PM   #17151
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
40% off, multiple use.
Oh wow. I wish I'd known of this before.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 06:35 PM   #17152
Rid
Groupie
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
40% off, multiple use.
I actually get value from the people on Mobileread than I do from my Kobo VIP membership...
Old 06-09-2022, 10:17 PM   #17153
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid View Post
I actually get value from the people on Mobileread than I do from my Kobo VIP membership...
Partners22 is the only discount code I've ever found at MR that worked for me. It did work for me on 4 books which was a truly delightful surprise, but has not worked on any I've tried in the last month, including today. So in the 4 years of my VIP membership, the VIP discount and extra bonus points have saved me far more than the one working code I've got from MR.
Old 06-10-2022, 03:26 PM   #17154
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
As always, Kobo codes don't work on books published by big name publishers: Hachette, Simon & Schuster, Random House, HarperCollins, etc. So if you see one of these as the publisher for the book you're interested in, you can save yourself the hassle of even trying the code . Not that it's all that hard to try it...

The codes do work on many (but not all) smaller/indie publishers, as well as most self-published books, and I've already used the Partners22 code on several of those.

And they also often (but again, not always) will work on older backlist by established authors, when those authors have gotten the electronic rights for their early books, and republish those books themselves, or with the help of one of the presses that specialize in helping authors do that.

So, I'd far rather have the coupon than not!

Also note that which publishers the codes will and won't work on can vary slightly by country.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 04:20 PM   #17155
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post

Also note that which publishers the codes will and won't work on can vary slightly by country.

Not so very "slightly". This is the main reason Partners22 is the only code I've found here that's worked and the reason I was so surprised it did. Kobo codes tend to be VERY region-specific, and the region in general always seems to be the same one: not mine.
Old 06-10-2022, 04:53 PM   #17156
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I successfully used Partners22 about two weeks ago. But I've found (at least in the handful of times I've tried it) it can be picky about what books it actually applies to.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 06-10-2022 at 04:56 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 02:13 AM   #17157
KjellM
Connoisseur
KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Glo HD, Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I successfully used Partners22 about two weeks ago. But I've found (at least in the handful of times I've tried it) it can be picky about what books it actually applies to.
I have a VIP membership and I have always had partners22 work if the ebook qualifies for a 10% VIP discount. In fact, this has been true for all kobo discount codes.
KjellM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 04:02 AM   #17158
Rid
Groupie

Tend to agree with all these comments. Happy for Uncle Robin that you are getting good value from Kobo VIP. I sort of do but if I am willing to shop around, the book can be same price or cheaper elsewhere. Except I am lazy and still buy from Kobo..

What really annoys me is I am into a bit of scifi fan, and this month there were only 4 books to choose from. Also I don't like it when you get a May coupon (deal for this month) and the fine print says it only lasts 3 days, which depending what time of day you get the email it may only be 2 days or 1 day as to when you have read the email. So easy to miss and not a monthly deal as it has to be used in a few days not within a month as the email subject says.
Old 06-11-2022, 03:26 PM   #17159
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Hmmm...in the genres I follow (mostly mysteries, a bit of fantasy and urban fantasy, some history/politics), I've only found a few publishers that are, for example, discountable in the UK, but not in the US. Or in Australia, and not the US. Or vice versa. Mostly the big publishers aren't discountable, and the really small ones are, and this seems to be pretty universal.

It's been quite a while since I've looked at this in detail, since I seem to have less and less time , but I seem to remember maybe Constable? Or Severn House? Head of Zeus? Ostara? Farrago? AFAIR, some of those less common, but not super small, publishers/imprints were sometimes discountable in some countries and not in others. And this also changes over time, if say, one of the smallish publishers gets bought by one of the biggish ones. Sigh!

And of course, sometimes a book is published by different publishers in different countries, and so may thus be discountable in one country and not in another.

I do agree, though, that whether a specific coupon works AT ALL (i.e. on even the normally discountable books) can be very country specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Not so very "slightly". This is the main reason Partners22 is the only code I've found here that's worked and the reason I was so surprised it did. Kobo codes tend to be VERY region-specific, and the region in general always seems to be the same one: not mine.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 12:30 PM   #17160
obs20
Wizard
obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 600, Nook ST, Toshiba Excite 10.1 AT 300
partners22 worked for me today!
obs20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals