Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-01-2018, 01:53 PM   #31
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour, Libra 2, Elipsa, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
That definitely generated more, though whether it's helpful I don't know

Re: the brightness, yes it does

Oops, posted before I saw your edit. Let me restart (I assume you need me to strace before launching?)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-07-01 at 1.46.43 PM.png
Views:	119
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	164788  
Attached Files
File Type: txt crash.log.txt (115.6 KB, 111 views)

Last edited by 7hir7een; 07-01-2018 at 01:56 PM.
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 01:56 PM   #32
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Stop the presses. I'm an idiot.

>_<".
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2018, 01:57 PM   #33
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Stop the presses. I'm an idiot.

>_<".
So, change that to true and try again?

** waiting on ye olde reboot **

Last edited by 7hir7een; 07-01-2018 at 02:04 PM.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:23 PM   #34
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In short, yep ^^.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:26 PM   #35
7hir7een
Reader of Books

It works!!!!!

ETA: the page turn buttons don't appear to, though. Is there something extra I have to turn on, or should that work out of the box if it were going to work?

The brightness slider/toggle works fine, I know you were questioning re: that

Last edited by 7hir7een; 07-01-2018 at 02:28 PM.
Advert
Old 07-01-2018, 02:32 PM   #36
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@7hir7een: I vaguely remember something about the buttons actually sending events being tied to... something, but I can't recall the details.

You can double-check that by running the exact same hexdump experiment as before *while KOReader is running*, and see if you get something that way or not...
Old 07-01-2018, 02:38 PM   #37
7hir7een
Reader of Books

No results from hexdump /dev/input/by-path/platform-gpio-keys-event within koreader
Old 07-01-2018, 02:40 PM   #38
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@7hir7een: Okay, good, at least that's not another stupid typo ^^.

Does it look like the issue described here?
Old 07-01-2018, 02:45 PM   #39
7hir7een
Reader of Books

If I'm not being illiterate again, I think that's saying there was an issue with mismatching orientations? I always read in portrait mode, so that wouldn't be the case here.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:51 PM   #40
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@7hir7een: Yeah, that's what I understood, too.

That vaaaaguely made sense, but another possibility might be that it's tied to something that we're SIGSTOP'ping....

And just to double-check: that wasn't a "no framework" startup, was it? Because that's essentially broken on FW 5.x .

So, another quick experiment:

While KOReader is running, but before doing the hexdump experiment again, run
Code:
killall -cont awesome
, then the hexdump thing again .

(You'll probably get bits of the default UI seeping through, that's to be expected. Run killall -stop awesome & trigger a full screen update (f.g., closing the top menu) to get things back in order).
Old 07-01-2018, 02:58 PM   #41
7hir7een
Reader of Books

Still no results that way.

And no, I used the first "Start the filemanager" option

No results with hexdump /dev/input/by-path/platform-max77796-key-event in or out of koreader with button presses.

ETA: yep, power button!

Last edited by 7hir7een; 07-01-2018 at 03:01 PM.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:58 PM   #42
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Also, another thing to try: the hexdump thing, but against /dev/input/by-path/platform-max77796-key-event instead...

EDIT: Nope, that's the power button, I think...
Old 07-01-2018, 03:09 PM   #43
NiLuJe
BLAM!

On the off-chance there's a magic lipc property...

Code:
lipc-probe -av
(OTOH, I may have gotten the syntax wrong. It'll output a crapton of stuff ^^).

Also, stupid question: do the buttons work again once out of KOReader?
Old 07-01-2018, 03:11 PM   #44
7hir7een
Reader of Books

Here you go

ETA: yes they work after exiting koreader

Last edited by 7hir7een; 07-01-2018 at 05:16 PM. Reason: removed attachment
Old 07-01-2018, 03:49 PM   #45
7hir7een
Reader of Books

I hate that this program doesn't have a good search function, but i did finally find a gpio-keys folder while poking around. I copied what it let me from /sys/devices/platform/gpio-keys/ to desktop and zipped it up.

No idea whether it has anything you would possibly need in there, but I see some numbers and ids and things

ETA: as far as I can tell there's just some loose bits and bobs of code, but if for some reason it's a no-no to post this, I'll remove it asap

Last edited by 7hir7een; 07-01-2018 at 05:23 PM. Reason: removed attachment, no longer needed

Tags
koa2, koreader