Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > EPUBReader

Notices

Old 02-22-2010, 09:56 AM   #1
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
New version 1.2.7.0 available

The new version is now available at the Mozilla-website: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/45281

Here is what I changed:
  • EPUBReader is now available in six additional languages: Dutch, Hebrew, Italian, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese.
  • The font of the ePub-content can now be changed in the preferences.
  • DRM protected ePub-files are now detected. Instead of a general error message a dedicated message is shown.
  • In many cases (e.g. server requires authentication) are now dedicated messages shown instead of a general error message.
  • A new OPDS-feed with links to ePub-websites has been added.
  • Seamonkey-support has been added.

As always, please let me know if you experience any problems and for the case you like the new features, I'm also very happy to hear from you .

Last edited by mikelv; 03-05-2010 at 10:14 AM.
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:32 PM   #2
Laisvunas
Enthusiast
Laisvunas began at the beginning.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the new version! With each new version EPUBReader becomes better and better!

I especially like the possibility to change font-face of the content. I would be great to have possibility to change font-face also for TOC pane.

ePub websites feature in ePub catalogue also looks great. It seems that more such websites could be added. Perhaps www.epubbooks.com? Of course, there could be no list of ePub websites which would satisfy any user. It would be great if this list were editable, i.e. if it were possible to add and remove a website in such list.
Laisvunas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2010, 11:26 PM   #3
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Just tried 1.2.7.0. The font-change feature is working fine. I wonder if it can be extended to TOC.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:04 AM   #4
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laisvunas View Post
I especially like the possibility to change font-face of the content. I would be great to have possibility to change font-face also for TOC pane.
Hi Laisvunas, thanks for your feedback!

You are right, that's a good idea, I put it on the change list.

Quote:
ePub websites feature in ePub catalogue also looks great. It seems that more such websites could be added. Perhaps www.epubbooks.com? Of course, there could be no list of ePub websites which would satisfy any user. It would be great if this list were editable, i.e. if it were possible to add and remove a website in such list.
Yes, this is just a start, I'll add more websites.

As this list is loaded as an OPDS feed from the webserver, it's unfortunately not possible to edit it yourself.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #5
Laisvunas
Enthusiast
Laisvunas began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelv View Post
As this list is loaded as an OPDS feed from the webserver, it's unfortunately not possible to edit it yourself.
If that list cannot be edited, then, perhaps, it would be possible to create another, locally stored, list list of ePub websites which could be edited by users?
Laisvunas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2010, 12:26 PM   #6
josepinto
Connoisseur
josepinto began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 5320
Error in Portuguese Translation?

Hi,

I get the following error in the new version, when trying to open the options panel in Portuguese locale:

Error on XML analysis:
Number of line 44, Column 34: «label value= "& pref.tab.content.family.font;:" style_text

I know the syntax is not correct, but I want only to identify the localization of the error.

This error only occurs in Portuguese locale and not on English locale.

Can this be a translation error (v.g. excess of characters)?

Please let me know in order for me to update the translation.

José Pinto
josepinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:40 PM   #7
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepinto View Post
Hi,

I get the following error in the new version, when trying to open the options panel in Portuguese locale:

Error on XML analysis:
Number of line 44, Column 34: «label value= "& pref.tab.content.family.font;:" style_text

I know the syntax is not correct, but I want only to identify the localization of the error.

This error only occurs in Portuguese locale and not on English locale.

Can this be a translation error (v.g. excess of characters)?

Please let me know in order for me to update the translation.

José Pinto
Hi José, thanks for your feedback and sorry for the error!

It was just a copy error. I've fixed it and have replaced the attached xpi. Please install it and try it again.

Thanks,
Michael
Old 02-23-2010, 01:44 PM   #8
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader

Quote:
If that list cannot be edited, then, perhaps, it would be possible to create another, locally stored, list list of ePub websites which could be edited by users?
In general this would be possible but I think there is not a big difference between such a list and bookmarks which you can set yourself .
Old 02-24-2010, 06:20 AM   #9
josepinto
Connoisseur
josepinto began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 5320
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelv View Post
Hi José, thanks for your feedback and sorry for the error!

It was just a copy error. I've fixed it and have replaced the attached xpi. Please install it and try it again.

Thanks,
Michael
Fixed.

Tanks Michael

José Pinto
josepinto is offline   Reply With Quote