Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-16-2009, 06:19 AM   #61
Morlac
Connoisseur
Morlac doesn't litterMorlac doesn't litter

Device: Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
SO bottom line here is that Calibre DOES recognize the Astak Pocket Pro, but as a BeBook Mini. The transfer of books/files/news all work properly .... but you have to get rid to that chinese manual because it screws up the works.

--------------------------
Excellent info! You know, we should start collecting the most critical "what you need to know to get the most from your PocketPro" info into a single FAQ or thread to gather all the wisdom/experience in one place!
Morlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:31 AM   #62
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I was unaware that the BeBook and the Pocket Pro are literally the same Jinke Device rebranded.
Yes, the BeBook Mini and the Pocket Pro are both Hanlin V5s. This is typically true of of the Jinke device resellers around the world. They all use stock hardware, with their brand name on it, and most use only cosmetically changed firmware. Lbook is one exception, they customize the firmware to some extent. For example, their V3 has bigger fonts in the menus - see here for screenshots.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2009, 10:49 AM   #63
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Robert I sure hope that the delay in the firmware update and the being very quiet about it all means that just maybe we are getting very close to having the ereader added to the firmware.
I care hope cann't I.

chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:58 AM   #64
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlac View Post
Excellent info! You know, we should start collecting the most critical "what you need to know to get the most from your PocketPro" info into a single FAQ or thread to gather all the wisdom/experience in one place!
This sort of thing is ideal for the wiki.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:07 AM   #65
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
This sort of thing is ideal for the wiki.

Dale
And maybe after the wiki is updated make it a sticky here?
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2009, 02:49 PM   #66
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
Would that be a wiki sticky or a sticky wiki?
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:41 PM   #67
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
Certainly a forum connected to a wiki works well for people to discuss things.

Dale
Old 09-16-2009, 03:47 PM   #68
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
Would that be a wiki sticky or a sticky wiki?
Yes.

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:16 AM   #69
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Does the Pocket PRO or EZ Reader have history when using ePub via ADE?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:28 AM   #70
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I didn't see any history or read anything in the manual about it...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:36 AM   #71
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Does the Pocket PRO or EZ Reader have history when using ePub via ADE?
What do you mean by "history", Jon?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:39 AM   #72
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What do you mean by "history", Jon?
He is looking for a back button which I believe he knows is not yet available.

Dale
Old 09-18-2009, 11:45 AM   #73
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thanks, Dale. I'm sure, though, that when the Pocket Pro does get a "back" button it will be the most powerful back button ever seen in the history of reading devices .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:47 AM   #74
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thanks, Dale. I'm sure, though, that when the Pocket Pro does get a "back" button it will be the most powerful back button ever seen in the history of reading devices .

ROFL

Dale
Old 09-18-2009, 12:07 PM   #75
Morlac
Connoisseur
Morlac doesn't litterMorlac doesn't litter

Device: Pocket Pro
Quote:
Not only significantly faster than any competitive back button, but available in designer colors and supporting more than 20 languages! With ADE support! You will not find a better back button in a lifetime of searching.

I say this with a deep affection and not out of hostility or mean-spiritedness. From everything I've seen, I really like Robertb. He reminds me of a former boss who spoke and crafted our sales and marketing pitches in a very similar vein!

By the way -- in all seriousness -- I think that this message thread just saved me from possibly serious injury! I was about to leave my desk to use the men's room when I saw the message and decided to add my obnoxious two cents. While I was typing, there was a thundering crash from the men's room. The large wall mirror there had fallen right off the wall, sending broken glass everywhere. Had I been in there, I think I would've almost certainly been hurt!
Morlac is offline   Reply With Quote