Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 06-01-2009, 09:48 PM   #31
etherspin
Connoisseur
etherspin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etherspin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etherspin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
yeah- I wasnt disagreeing - though the reader has to know that the extension actually means to handle it as a zip or rar and not to ignore it .
hopefully that will be there or there will be a lot of renaming files before copying/syncing.
at the moment i use calibre to convert manga to mobipocket for cybook but this takes years and adds margins that are not needed .. cbz and cbr support makes much more sense as images can be shown fullscreen and it probably requires much less time to load unless its a huge file.
etherspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:37 PM   #32
DG25
Enthusiast
DG25 began at the beginning.

Does it have dictionary support?
Can we have some 5" vs 6" pictures?
Maybe a video showing the speed of the Epson controler?

Thank you.
DG25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2009, 12:25 AM   #33
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
I pic was posted here comparing a 5-inch and 6-inch side by side.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:24 AM   #34
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
With an even smaller screen, most comics are not going to be all that readable when the pages are reduced down to the screen size.
Indeed.

In fact, I would hazard to guess that most comics are going to be altogether unreadable at that screen size.

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:36 AM   #35
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Cheese Bogart:

They have two samples on their way to me. As soon as they arrive I will do the picture comparing the EZ Reader Basic and the EZ Reader Pocket PRO side-by-side. That is a great idea! I just do not have the Pocket PRO in my hot hands yet.
Do the picture?
You mean "make at least 15 minutes long High Resolution Youtube video", don't you? :-))

By the way, you could make a poll here about what books to include on the reader. Perhaps you could strike a deal with some of authors lurking here to include their book, so people could see that e-book readers are not just about old, very old, classics like Seneca, Plato, Homer , Giovanni Boccaccio, Chaucer, Shakespeare -in original language, of course ...

Perhaps some of us could help you to format books for the Pocket Pro in exchange for being able to purchase some "special edition" Pocket pro.

And last but not least, think about reviewers here. Is there any chance that some Mobilereaders could get an early access to the devices for the purpose of reviewing.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2009, 01:42 AM   #36
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese bogart View Post
Also it might help if there was something else in the shot that could be used as reference for size (something pretty universal like a business card).
Or perhaps a ruler, with scale in inches and millimeters
or at least a credit card.
I will bet you that my business card is different size than American standard.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:34 AM   #37
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by etherspin View Post
dont forget vegans and vegetarians - you can please us and get us on board with your brand by making non leather cases - and save money for yourselves!

a nice range of colours in some other material would be awesome.
may the gawds save us from the genocide waged on plants by these the "vicious" vegan/veggies....

But a valid comment. But I, for one, an not willing to have the cost of a device increase to cater to your wishes in this area. By asking for two covers supply issues come into play. And to be honest, synthetic covers are far more damaging environmentally than leather. If properly cared for, nothing wears and lasts like leather. There are pretty much no synthetic materials that could be used for this application that will last more than a year or so...I guess my question is, what are we gaining?

Now if the devices with the non-leather covers cost more, enough to cover any lost volume discounts for the currently offered leather covers then hey, cool...go ahead and pay $25 more for the device in order to support your beliefs. Don't expect others to do the same in this case.

Last edited by brecklundin; 06-02-2009 at 02:37 AM.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:02 AM   #38
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Please pardon me if you've answered this on other threads but I have a few questions about features. Does it support the following:

-Folders/Tags or some sort of content organization beyond simple sorting.
-Content search.
-Dictionary lookup.

Thanks. At any rate it's nice to see low-priced options that will read ADE. It helps people take advantage of library resources.
Given that it doesn't support MobiPocket, it's not going to support dictionaries.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:17 AM   #39
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
d'oh...never mind...misread something...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:06 AM   #40
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
Wow, so, lemme understand this. RAR and ZIP means CBR and CBZ, correct?
What about user-created folder support? If not, would this be available in a future ... upgrade thingy? (brian malfunction, someone cast Mindtrip on me)
These are likely unchanged from the V3 although I do have a request for CBR/CBZ support on file at Jinke. On the V3 you can only create folders from a PC, again I have a request in for being able to make them on the device and to be able to remove them too along with the ability to remove eBooks and move eBooks.

Today you can read RAR and ZIP content including images. The extensions must be one of those two. There is no book mark and your position is not remembered when you exit but you can cycle through the images. It is a start but again I have request better including zooming (needed for real comic books, particularly on a 5" device)

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #41
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Given that it doesn't support MobiPocket, it's not going to support dictionaries.
eReader also has dictionary support. No need for Mobi dictionaries. I do not know if the initial release of eReader on this platform will include the dictionary support but then again I would not rule it out.

Dale
Old 06-02-2009, 11:27 AM   #42
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
These are likely unchanged from the V3 although I do have a request for CBR/CBZ support on file at Jinke. On the V3 you can only create folders from a PC, again I have a request in for being able to make them on the device and to be able to remove them too along with the ability to remove eBooks and move eBooks.
That's all fine for me. a 16GB card should hold the fast majority of my Fiction books. I'll simply create the folders on my computer, pop them over to the SD card, and I'll be good to go. I have no real need to creating/deleting folders using the reader itself. I actually have no real need to delete files using the reader either.

Quote:
Today you can read RAR and ZIP content including images. The extensions must be one of those two. There is no book mark and your position is not remembered when you exit but you can cycle through the images. It is a start but again I have request better including zooming (needed for real comic books, particularly on a 5" device)
I have some CBZ and CBR files that I've extracted into folders. What I'll probably do is load up Adobe Acrobat and import/convert the first 10 issues, for example, into PDF. In this manner, it -should- be able to keep a bookmark of my place. Then I'll simply same my CBZ/R files for a later time in which the support/control will be better.

Last edited by griffonwing; 06-02-2009 at 11:32 AM.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:56 PM   #43
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
eReader also has dictionary support. No need for Mobi dictionaries. I do not know if the initial release of eReader on this platform will include the dictionary support but then again I would not rule it out.

Dale
So would that limit the support to just eReader files or would it just mean the dictionary itself would need to be in eReader format?
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:02 PM   #44
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
So would that limit the support to just eReader files or would it just mean the dictionary itself would need to be in eReader format?
In order for use the dictionary from within the ereader books, it will need to be in ereader format.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:07 PM   #45
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
In order for use the dictionary from within the ereader books, it will need to be in ereader format.
Not necessarily, iLiad has dictionary support for PDF I believe using mobipocket dictionaries. You have to support two applications running simultaneously but Linux already does that.

Dale