Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 02-19-2009, 03:54 PM   #46
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
OT: Is BoB the only retailer doing ePub so far?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:00 PM   #47
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
eBooks.com probably too. Check the PDF I attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ADEPTfactsheet.pdf (3.45 MB, 1467 views)
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2009, 04:05 PM   #48
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
OT: Is BoB the only retailer doing ePub so far?
This site lists a few retailers: Waterstone's, Mills&Boon, Penguin Books, WHSmith, BooksOnBoard, O'Reilly, PanMacmillian.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:01 PM   #49
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
How about kicking down some karma for our cruciferae-loving friend here.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:02 PM   #50
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
This is good info for a Wiki topic.

I'm just sayin...

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2009, 06:26 PM   #51
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Well, I know what I am going to do tonight. I am going to check out a Chicago Public Library Book, and see if it works! I will report back (hopefully shortly!). Thanks, Debra
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:36 PM   #52
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My mistake. Chicago Public library is Adobe PDF.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:20 PM   #53
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Books On Board has The Year of the Dog as a free, DRM'd ePub book.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:36 PM   #54
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Will give this a try over the weekend I think - thank you!!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:19 PM   #55
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Help??

Caution: Dumb question

It seems I cannot remember how I saved the scripts before. I have Python 2.6, I installed pycrypto-2.0.1.win32-py2.6, then I renamed the script and saved it in the python directory, but when I click on it, all it does is open in notepad. I am sorry for asking this simple question again.

Thanks, Debra
Old 02-19-2009, 09:37 PM   #56
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
I did a quick search at Overdrive and the only library that I found that has epub is Cleveland Public Library. So congrats all you Cleveland guys - you're way ahead of us.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:41 PM   #57
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
python scripts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post

It seems I cannot remember how I saved the scripts before. I have Python 2.6, I installed pycrypto-2.0.1.win32-py2.6, then I renamed the script and saved it in the python directory, but when I click on it, all it does is open in notepad. I am sorry for asking this simple question again.

Thanks, Debra
The way I do it is open the python wineditor and then choose "file" "new". A little window should open and you choose python script. Paste your script in there.

Incidentally, as mentioned before, Python 2.5 works if you use the previous pycrypt0 revision.

cheers

Last edited by Leep; 02-19-2009 at 11:03 PM. Reason: clarification
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:17 PM   #58
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by i♥cabbages View Post
AdobeDE opens both EPUB files and PDF files, and it looks like you have a PDF file. I haven't looked into decrypting PDF files yet. If you donate to the EFF, ACLU, or Creative Commons at least the cost of an average PDF e-book and send a receipt for the donation to i.u2665.cabbages@gmail.com, I'll look into it.
I can't support EFF due to their Net Neutrality policies (keep the government's hands off my internet!) or ACLU due to their opposition to school choice and gun rights. Perhaps that's a bit harsh because both organisations do good work in many other areas. Nevertheless, I won't give money to anyone who wants to take away my liberties so I'm left with Creative Commons.

Hoping very much you succeed in bypassing Adept for PDFs, in which case I'll be buying my eBooks exclusively in ePub/Adobe PDF.
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:26 PM   #59
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post

Thanks, Debra
The first thing to do is go to Windows Explorer.

1. Tools | Folder Options
2. Click the View Tab
3. Under Hidden Files and Folders select Show hidden files and folders-ON
4. Uncheck Hide extensions for known file types-OFF
5. Unckeck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)-OFF

It is your system. You should be able to see all the files, hidden, operating system, and even all the file extensions.

After you do that, click Apply to All Folders.

Now you can see the full filenames of the scripts and can properly rename them.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:32 PM   #60
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
I can't support EFF due to their Net Neutrality policies (keep the government's hands off my internet!)
Do you really want the government to interfere in our net usage? What do you think the government can do for us by meddling with the Internet?

I for one don't want them to get involved.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
adept, adobe epub drm, ainept, drm, drm removal, drm-free epub, inept