Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-20-2009, 09:26 AM   #1
Gazman
Gazman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 700
Question Deleting duplicate collections

Hi all

New to the forum. Got a PRS 700 last week for my birthday. Love it. Reading pdf versions of reseaerch papers for work. Anotating and restoring on the hard drive.

I have one problem right now:

I seem to have a duplicate collection. I got rid of one by deleting it using the sony ereader and syncing . But that only gets rid of one of them. So how do i delete it. Looked at the file structure on the reader. see the books . see xml files. So im assuming that i can go in and delete it directly in the file somewhere. Dangerous - so ill take a backup.

Any thoughts

Gazamn
Gazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:08 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Gazamn and welcome to the Forum. I expect someone more knowledgeable than me will answer your question shortly
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2009, 01:04 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You should be able to delete the duplicate collection using eBook Library.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:19 AM   #4
Gazman
Gazman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 700
Smile Two Versions of Ereader - !!!!! and problems with deleting collections

ok i figured it out. I have ereader on my work machine and my home machine. So be warned - Thew two versions dont get synced.

So after deleting the "rogue" copy on my work machine it disappeared.

It makes sense I guess.
Gazman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, deleting