Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 04-25-2008, 03:05 AM   #91
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
--language and --description is now in the subversion version:
You two guys are working fast.

I can't do any testing the next two weeks because I'm traveling and actually using the cybook for reading
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:38 PM   #92
Jad
Groupie
Jad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-books

Device: Cybook Gen3
Mobi2Mobi GUI v0.12 Released

With the release of v0.0.38 of the MobiPerl tools I have updated the GUI to support the 3 new flags:

Subject
Description
Language

From v0.12 you will need to update your Win32 compile or Perl version to v0.0.38 for the GUI to work.

As always please advise of any problems or features you would like.

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mobi2Mobi_GUI_v012.zip (15.0 KB, 594 views)
Jad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2008, 03:03 PM   #93
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I did some testing on an XP machine. I tried it with Perl and with the binaries. Sofar everything seems to work great. When I'm back from my holiday I'll will some more testing

The last test showed it worked great on Vista

Last edited by Ortep; 05-04-2008 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Back from my trip
Old 05-22-2008, 03:23 PM   #94
rheostaticsfan
Zealot
rheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, iOS, Blackberry, Sony DPT (pdfs)
I'm just trying your GUI for the first time. I have .NET 2.0 and v 0.38 of mobiperl-win.

I can set up the directory for the script and the book files, but when I click on the Open File button I get the error:

Method not found:'System.String
System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog.get_SafeFileNa me()'.

Can you help?
rheostaticsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:12 PM   #95
Jad
Groupie
Jad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-books

Hi rheostaticsfan,

The problem is most likely due to SP1 for .NET2 not being installed. You can check to see what version you have installed by looking in the Add/Remove programs control panel applet. It will say SP1 at the end of the .NET 2 install if its installed.

I'm currently working on v0.13 and this will require .NET 3.5 as I've moved to C#2008 as my development platform.
Advert
Old 05-23-2008, 02:55 AM   #96
Ortep
Fanatic

I found a small glitch in the current version. When I enter information in the 'description' field most of the time I use cut&paste. That works great if the is only one paragraph. But as soon as there are two paragraphs it only accepts one. I guess the 'break' between the two is causing this. It is no big deal, I can work around it.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:05 PM   #97
gmaddry
gmaddry began at the beginning.

Device: Blackberry 8830
Using .net 3.5, GUI v0.12 and mobi2mobi .38 under XP SP2, I have notice that to change a longbook tille takes 2 converts. Has anyone else seen this problem?
gmaddry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:10 PM   #98
gmaddry

Related to my problem updating book title( Longtitle), the check box for book title is check when I open a new book. If I uncheck and change booktitle and then recheck box, longtitle is changed.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:11 PM   #99
Jad
Groupie

Hi gmaddry,

Are you converting a PRC file to a MOBI file when this occurs? Also are you going by the output window in the GUI to confirm the change or are you doing it from the command line using Mobi2Mobi.

Last edited by Jad; 05-31-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:00 AM   #100
Spellbot 5000
Connoisseur
Spellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enough

I've noticed this as well. My theory is though that PRC files will not accept these long titles, and the software is first trying to change the title, then convert to MOBI. If that is the case and PRC files can't accept the altered/long titles, trying to change them first does nothing because the file is still PRC. Only after it's converted once to MOBI can you then change the title because that function is now supported by the new format.

Just guessing though...
Spellbot 5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:39 AM   #101
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
I just looked at mobi2mobi and the intention is that the --title flag should work both for a real MobiPocket file and for a prc file without MobiPocket header. The interesting thing is to see the sequence of commands that fails.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:37 PM   #102
Jad
Groupie

I've just tested this on some PRC files and they all work fine. Hmm.. This is the process that the GUI goes through when you open a file initially. When you open a file its converted into a temp MOBI file. Cover image & thumbnail files are extracted to temp files also if they exist. If the opened file is a PRC then the Databasename is extracted and populated into the Booktitle field and the checkbox ticked. The reasons for this is that if you convert a PRC to mobi without specifying the --title flag the longtitle data is populated with the name of the PRC file.

Once you have made any additional changes within the GUI and press convert the changes are made against the temp MOBI file and output to the Output Filename specified.

Nothing happens to a file until you press the convert button. Simply opening a file does nothing except extract metadata information from the PRC / Mobi file. Changes are only commited to the Output File on pressing convert.

Hope that helps....
Old 06-02-2008, 09:59 AM   #103
gmaddry

This happens when I am converting a .prc file to a .mobi . I have found if I uncheck the box and make the change and then check the box the title is changed. This is verified by checking the output box within the GUI and by opening the book. If I leave the box checked the original title is used, discarding my changes. Using the create tool form Mobipocket results in shorted and changed titles, which is why I am using the GUI and mobi2mobi.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:35 PM   #104
Jad
Groupie

Hi gmaddry,

Ok that makes sense if you are changing the title of a PRC after opening it. The GUI only picks up the field information on tickbox selection. I'll have to look at the code and see if I can add some code to capture change of text while the tickbox is checked so you don't have to deselect and reselect to pickup the changes.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:54 PM   #105
Jad
Groupie

Mobi2Mobi GUI v0.13 Released

From v0.13 onwards you will need to install .NET 3.5 Framework. I've switched to C# Express 2008 and I'm using Vista as my development environment.

I've added the ability to add a manual EXTHTYPE & EXTHDATA entry for use on conversion.

I fixed my booktitle field so that on converting a PRC if you don't like the booktitle I add, you can change it, the tickbox deselects on this change forcing you to re-tick to pickup the change of title.

I've moved things around a little also to accomodate new functionality.

As always, please advise if you encounter any problems.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mobi2Mobi_GUI_v013.zip (16.0 KB, 693 views)

Tags
mobi2mobi