Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Thomas Pynchon novels released as ebooks

If you like post modernist fiction, then you might enjoy Thomas Pynchon.

I just purchased "Against The Day," a massive tome of a novel, one that I carried with me - in trade paper, thank God! - to Peru. It's good to replace this large brick with something that is weightless.

My hardback, the size of two large bricks, is protected in mylar and is still in a climate-controlled storage in the United States.

I highly recommend Pynchon.

If you have a current photo of him, please feel free to attach it to this thread.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #2
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
If you have a current photo of him, please feel free to attach it to this thread.

Don
Absolutely.

TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's a good one!

I had forgotten about that.

Don
Old 09-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks for the heads up. Sadly never heard of him, but after a quick wikipedia lookup I'm very eager to put my hands in one of his e-tomes, possibly Gravity's Rainbow.
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Sadly never heard of him, but after a quick wikipedia lookup I'm very eager to put my hands in one of his e-tomes, possibly Gravity's Rainbow.
Please be aware that his books are extremely difficult going for most people. I would advise downloading a free sample first.

Don
Advert
Old 09-03-2012, 01:58 AM   #6
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Cool! I've been wanting to read Inherent Vice. I think I'll get the DTB from the library as originally planned but I like to hear about authors going electronic.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:09 AM   #7
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #8
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Kenny really doesn't dig the dude.

I'll keep it in mind, Drib. Perhaps I should first clear up my current readings.
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:33 PM   #9
Jobby
Jobby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jobby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jobby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jobby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jobby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jobby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jobby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jobby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jobby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jobby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jobby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Anyone know where I can get hold of this for Kindle? I've got a hardback copy I bought when it was first released, but need to be able to reread this on something that won't whack me on the head while I'm in bed (and in transit).
Jobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:11 PM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobby View Post
Anyone know where I can get hold of this for Kindle? I've got a hardback copy I bought when it was first released, but need to be able to reread this on something that won't whack me on the head while I'm in bed (and in transit).

Which book are you talking about?

They're already available on Amazon. All you need do is buy your copy and start reading.

Don
Old 05-15-2013, 09:25 PM   #11
Jobby
Jobby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jobby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jobby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jobby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jobby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jobby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jobby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jobby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jobby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jobby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jobby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Which book are you talking about?

They're already available on Amazon. All you need do is buy your copy and start reading.

Don
Against the Day - I can't find it. Must be a region restricted thing (I'm in Australia). I get a message "This title is not currently available for purchase".
Jobby is offline   Reply With Quote