Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #31
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Besides the colors ...

What about weight? I like to use my Kindle "naked" because that.

Also, how it feels when folded and what about the edges, are they rounded?
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #32
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
It does add weight but to my hands at least it feels only slightly heavier than my naked Kindle Keyboard so I don't mind. The edges are rounded, and I find it much easier to hold my PW in the cover than without. I prefer reading one-handed with the cover folded back, my right thumb resting on the edge, my index finger between the two covers, the other three fingers supporting the back, and the corner of the device resting on my palm. Left-handed is not quite as comfortable to me, but doable when I want to switch. I've never paid this much for a cover before, but I am quite happy with it.
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #33
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
Very well designed cover and nicely made. However, I believe the leather comes from plastic cows, though. I hate when something is advertised as leather and a)it's bonded leather and b)there is a minimal amount of ground up leather in the thermoplastic, maybe just enough to call it "leather". I have cases from Vaja and Noreve that are real leather. No comparison (though to be fair, no comparison in price, either).
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #34
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
With the exception of the interior lining I think this is the best cover Amazon has produced thus far. I prefer the interior of the Touch cover -- the soft microfiber with "Kindle" embossed/stamped as opposed to the new material with a silk-screened "Kindle." That said, the sleep/wake magnetically-held cover is outstanding as is the slim form-factor and texture -- even if it is a product of faux cows.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #35
ahintz
Zealot
ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle PW/iPhone5/iPad (3)/Nook ST
Just received my ink blue cover. Still waiting for my Paperwhite, so can't fully comment on it, but it feels pretty good. Not like some of the nicer leather products I've had over the years, but still good. I think the design is great, and the cover seems to nicely close. Not sure how well it will work with the cover bent backwards behind the Paperwhite - without the weight on that side, it seems to want to bounce back when held on the left side. Holding on the right side is fine.

Here are some pics:
With flash:

Without flash:

Last edited by ahintz; 10-16-2012 at 01:26 PM.
ahintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2012, 10:03 PM   #36
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Ahintz, maybe it's just me, but I get little blue question marks and your image links say unauthorized
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:23 PM   #37
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
Ahintz, maybe it's just me, but I get little blue question marks and your image links say unauthorized
I don't see the pics either, just the blue question marks.
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:54 AM   #38
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Ditto... I want pics !!!
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #39
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 5, iPad Air, Nexus 7
So do these add quite a bit of weight on top of the pw?
neonbible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:23 AM   #40
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
I got the black cover for my PW because I didn't want the distraction around the edges of the reader when I was reading. IMO, this is the best cover (for now) for this Kindle.

I like how the cover automatically puts the Kindle to sleep when you close it. If you don't have the ad version, when you open the cover, you are right back where you left off. Makes using the Kindle very much like a book, in that respect. If you have ads, you will have to swipe the screen to get back into the book...

I had found I am more comfortable holding the PW with the cover on than without it on. It seems less fragile and there is more room/places for my hands. The front of the cover lies flat when it's folded back behind the book. I can prop the Kindle up and it stays flat, the cover doesn't make the Kindle sit at an angle. Oh, and I don't mind the feel of the fiber when I hold it (hate plastic/metal backs - I can feel my fingers sweating and sliding. Blech!).

Last, I like how the Kindle fits into the cover and stays. I never liked corner loops and such to keep the Kindle in the cover. They made it look "messy" (IMHO only) and I was always irritated with them. With this cover, the edge doesn't even come up over the front of the Kindle; it is flush. Exactly how I prefer.

Yes, it was not cheap. But, it works perfectly with my Kindle, is a pleasure to use and is pleasing to both my eyes and my hands. As I've said before, with both the PW and the cover - Amazon did great. This is the Kindle (and cover) for which I've been waiting (even if I did not know it ).

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:25 PM   #41
ahintz
Zealot
ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle PW/iPhone5/iPad (3)/Nook ST
Sorry about the bad links to the photos in my earlier post. They should be working now.
ahintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #42
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
I have the Persimmon cover. It's certainly orange. Functionally, I like the cover a lot. It's light weight, the clasp works well, the auto-on/off feature is a nice touch. But the feel and look? Yech! Feels like cardboard, not leather, and has none of the tactile feel of a leather bound book. I have had Amazon leather covers for my K2 and K3, and liked them, but this one really feels cheap.

OTOH, I also have a lovely Oberon cover for my Paperwhite. But as beautiful as it is, I won't be using it. It's just too big and bulky for the Paperwhite, and when it's folded over it's too think for easy one-handed page turns in both directions. Sigh. A cover that combined the look and feel of the Oberon, with the functionality and slimness of the Amazon cover would be my choice. Sadly, it's not an option.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #43
ecksor
Enthusiast
ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW
I got the purple one. Shot outside in afternoon daylight, black lens cap is for color reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6450.jpg
Views:	2007
Size:	331.8 KB
ID:	94249   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6452.jpg
Views:	4497
Size:	208.6 KB
ID:	94250  
ecksor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #44
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Lovely cover, not too sure about the screen saver though
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #45
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
thanks for those pics everyone. I ordered an persimmon and a purple, so I will see if I keep both or send the purple back (from what I have seen until now, the persimmon is a keeper).
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote