Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
Derek R
Zealot
Derek R began at the beginning.

Device: none
Kindle Fire: formatting and conversion quandary

Currently I am creating epubs and editing them in Sigil, then converting to .mobi format for Kindle via Calibre. However, because Kindle didn't support certain code, like floated images, I have been adjusting the css/html in my xhtml file before using Calibre for the conversion. I am not yet quite sure what css Kindle Fire supports, but I believe that it does support features like floated images. So, I'm now wondering what is the best strategy for creating files for Kindle. All I can think is that there is little point using these extra features at this moment in time when most Kindle devices don't support them. But, if I did want to use them, is there currently any way to create the appropriate file by using Calibre?
Derek R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, there isn't. calibre will eventually get support for those features (the KF8 extensions to MOBI), but at this time it does not have support for them.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
Derek R
Zealot
Derek R began at the beginning.

Device: none
Okay, thanks!
Derek R is offline   Reply With Quote