Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 10:54 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Fed up with Zinio app!

I loved Zinio when I first got my iPad. Now, I have had enough! Every time I have to download a major update either to the app or the iPad (and this is about the fourth time now) it puts all my magazines back on the shelf without my asking. This is really a problem for me because sometimes I don't have time to read an issue right away, so my to-be-read management style is to keep all the mags on there until I have read them, and then delete. If it puts back all my old issues, I lose track of which ones I have read and which ones I have not read. And then I have to go through and manually remove the ones I think I have. And then download again and open up everything that's left, only to realize after the fact that half of them I could have deleted anyway. It's a nightmare. Once I remove something from the iPad, I want it to stay removed!

I have emailed Zinio about this issue before and they have apologized and said they appreciate my feedback, but this is now about the fourth time it's happened and I am just sick of it. My heart sank when I upgraded to iOS5, opened up the Zinio app and saw all those magazines in there again. Please, please, please, just keep my files archived once I remove them. Don't every put them back for me. The inability to manage my own files as I see fit is a deal-breaker for me. I am done with Zinio. I'll keep reading until my current subscriptions lapse, and then that is it!
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I haven't resubscribed to mags, either. I thought Zinio was my answer to not buying hardcopy mags but I am doing that again, now. There's something about turning the pages in a real magazine

However... i found the same thing. Everything comes back whether you want it, or not, and its as annoying as hell. I've deleted zinio and won't be reinstalling.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert