Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 03-07-2007, 01:17 PM   #76
DrSiddons
A Seasoned User
DrSiddons began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 500
Working with 2.2.0 and 2.2.1

I've installed the latest versions on my laptop. They seem to work better than on my work PC. However the file that the software produces locks up my reader. When I try to open the file the reader locks requiring a soft reset to get going.

I hope this helps.

Dr. S.
DrSiddons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 11:43 AM   #77
DrSiddons
A Seasoned User
DrSiddons began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 500
Trouble still

Good day all.

I tried processing a PDF file with my work PC again. I get errors when the Dilate filter is tried. I've installed .net 2.0 and .net sdk. Have I missed something?

Thanks in advance.

Dr. S.
DrSiddons is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2007, 07:59 PM   #78
Muskrat
Enthusiast
Muskrat began at the beginning.

Device: prs500
Where is the link to download this program?
Muskrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:53 AM   #79
chuck94022
avid reader
chuck94022 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-500 and prs-505
You've probably answered this 1000 times...

[NEVER MIND!!!! SOLVED MY OWN PROBLEM. If Adobe Acrobat is not the DEFAULT program for opening pdf's, you won't see the context menu entry...]

Sorry, but I have tried to install the program. I have Acrobat, I have the image program, install seems to go fine, but no context menu. No errors at all on the install. I'm very confused.

Help?

-chuck

Last edited by chuck94022; 03-10-2007 at 02:10 AM.
chuck94022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:10 PM   #80
humandroid
Connoisseur
humandroid began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiphile
Please help!
I got the massage 'Evaluation period expired, please contact pdfsupport@pdf-tools.com' while I try to use PDFrasterfarian 2.1.6.
pdcat.exe may cause this problem.
Could I have any solution for this massage?
I have the same error.
Should I worry about it?
humandroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2007, 11:02 PM   #81
mosh
mosh began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
fix

Set the date back a few months into 2006 and it will work.
mosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:17 PM   #82
romsempire
romsempire began at the beginning.

Device: PRS500
Re

Yes, pdcat.exe cause this problem.
If you wait a few the problem is solved.
Try to convert only one page in a pdf file.
After you click on ok when pdcat.exe signaling the end of evaluation period, PDFfrasterfarian will continue to work normally like nothing will be happen.
romsempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:09 AM   #83
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Hello,

I have created a tool called PDFRead which will convert PDFs for reading on multiple ebook devices. It isn't as polished as PDFRasterFarian, but it can run on Windows and Linux and has some enhancements.

See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?p=63167
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:02 AM   #84
alex_d
Addict
alex_d doesn't litteralex_d doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
polished is definately the wrong word to use with PDFrasterFarian. I'm the kind of guy who likes to figure out all the core, internal functionality but doesn't have the experience or the patience to do all the more mundane, but important elements.

anyway, I see your software also does dilation. (I think you were the guy who asked me how to program all that... glad i could help.) Does it do a simple dilate and shrink, or does it do the unsharp filter too (ie, the full pdfrasterfarian treatment)? If so, why don't we just add any features that might still be unique to pdfrasterfarian 2, test it fully with sony reader, and call it pdfrasterfarian 3? (I dunno, I really hate the linux practice of instead of releasing versions of utilities with more features, improvements, etc, they just release a whole separate program whenever a new author with new ideas joins. It results in needless confusion, creates barriers for adoption, and stalls progress. In the long term, it definately stalls progress. E.g. instead of using vim some people still use vi. And no one uses even better takes on vim because they haven't heard of them and don't want to be botherd. And no one wants to make an even better version of the better versions of vim because there's already a dozen utilities floating around and no one will know or use your stuff. UGh, it's just so stupid. Anyway, sorry for the rant.)
alex_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:26 AM   #85
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Quote:
anyway, I see your software also does dilation. (I think you were the guy who asked me how to program all that... glad i could help.) Does it do a simple dilate and shrink, or does it do the unsharp filter too (ie, the full pdfrasterfarian treatment)?
Well, I just do a dilate and shrink -- in my experience the unsharp filter provided negligible benefit, so I removed it (I think you mentioned that too).

Quote:
If so, why don't we just add any features that might still be unique to pdfrasterfarian 2, test it fully with sony reader, and call it pdfrasterfarian 3? (I dunno, I really hate the linux practice of instead of releasing versions of utilities with more features, improvements, etc, they just release a whole separate program whenever a new author with new ideas joins. It results in needless confusion, creates barriers for adoption, and stalls progress.
[snip]
Well, it's more of a complete rewrite than a simple port -- I've taken different approaches in a lot of places, and a different set of tools is used. I started off with a version specific for my 1100 (which was nothing like PDFRasterFarian), made it generic enough so now that it has almost all the functionality and a lot of other features -- it wasn't just another case of the Not-Invented-Here syndrome in action.

But yes, it does make sense to simply call it PDFRasterFarian 3 instead of a new name. Can you take a look at the current version and see if there is something I have missed/can add?
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:01 PM   #86
dexter
dexter began at the beginning.

Opening LRF in windows

Hi,

I dont possess the sony reader yet because I will use it to read pdf´s only and am not sure whether the reader is appropriate. This software looks great. I happend to generate the LRF file but dont know how to open it in windows so that I can see the result. Does anybody know how to open it?

Thank you very much.

dexter
dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:03 PM   #87
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Download the "Connect" software from Sony and install it. This allows you to view LRF files on your PC.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:33 PM   #88
dexter
dexter began at the beginning.

Thanks. It worked.

just one last Q: Is the pdf going to be smoother in sony reader than it is displayed in the CONNECT Reader? (the result is not that great in the Connect Reader).
dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:12 PM   #89
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Am sorry to say that but the reader and PDF currently do not walk together
If PDF is a priority number 1 for you then you have to look for anothewr eBook device.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:00 PM   #90
fatalfunnel
fatalfunnel began at the beginning.

PDFRasterFarian Installation

moved

Last edited by fatalfunnel; 04-01-2007 at 09:35 PM. Reason: moved
fatalfunnel is offline   Reply With Quote