Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-26-2009, 06:48 AM   #1
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
The best e-book reader in 2009, according to the-ebook.org

The winners are:

1. Sony PRS-505
The "Classic" and the absolute winner among all the readers since sales began. But it is no longer manufactured since 2009.

2. Pocketbook 301+
The company pocketbook began its triumphant climb with this model, and so they captured 2nd Place in the rankings.

3. Pocketbook 360 °
The novelty of the year 2009! Pocketbook 360 ° could prove a better place if the price is not with the "classical" 6" models would have been comparable.

Last edited by Forkosigan; 12-26-2009 at 06:55 AM.
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:12 AM   #2
Nathan Campos
Groupie
Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX & Kindle (2011)
Hmm, I already preffer my Kindle DX
Nathan Campos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:16 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Seems like a slightly curious selection - eg no mention at all of the CyBook Opus, which is (IMHO) the best ePub device on the market. Perhaps it's influenced by its primarily Russian readership?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:25 AM   #4
AmonRaa
AmonRaa began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sony prs 900 on 5th place...thats interesting considering very few ppl actually got it delivered like yesterday.
AmonRaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:34 AM   #5
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Seems like a slightly curious selection - eg no mention at all of the CyBook Opus, which is (IMHO) the best ePub device on the market. Perhaps it's influenced by its primarily Russian readership?
Of course, in the Russian market ePub is not valid. As for the best best ePub device on the market. can wash a lot of opinions. When reading books without DRM Pocketbook has the same format ePub many advantages. In the near future will be improved and the reading of ePub with DRM.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:38 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkosigan View Post
Of course, in the Russian market ePub is not valid.
Sorry, I don't understand that. Is there some reason that ePub doesn't work with Cyrillic fonts, or is it simply that no Russian eBooks are currently being published in the ePub format?
Old 12-26-2009, 07:45 AM   #7
Forkosigan
Wizard

Quote:
Sorry, I don't understand that. Is there some reason that ePub doesn't work with Cyrillic fonts, or is it simply that no Russian eBooks are currently being published in the ePub format?
Books in EPUB format is almost no in Russian, in countries where read in Russian in the mostly used format fb2.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:45 AM   #8
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Interesting, I'm curious about the epub/russian thing as well..??
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:47 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Books in EPUB format is almost no in Russian, in countries where read in Russian in the mostly used format fb2.
I see - thanks . The new Bookeen firmware adds support for the FB2 format, so perhaps that will make their machines more popular in Eastern Europe.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:56 AM   #10
Forkosigan
Wizard

Quote:
I see - thanks . The new Bookeen firmware adds support for the FB2 format, so perhaps that will make their machines more popular in Eastern Europe.
True, the only question is how well supported, I have yet to test himself could not. For example JetBook also supports the format fb2, so bad (with the firmware with the bark I tested), that would be better if he does not support it.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:57 AM   #11
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
Quote:
Sony prs 900 on 5th place...thats interesting considering very few ppl actually got it delivered like yesterday.
438 users reviews for the PRS-900 already...They probably have a lot of Sony fanboys outta here
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:58 AM   #12
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
True, the only question is how well supported, I have yet to test himself could not. For example JetBook also supports the format fb2, so bad (with the firmware with the bark I tested), that would be better if he does not support it.
jetBook and jetBook-Lite have FB2 support with pictures and I never had problems with it.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:08 AM   #13
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRaa View Post
And the Nook has been out for a short time, with B&N not making promised delivery dates, and it is above the Kindle lol.
Seems to be something wrong with the ranking....

Though I will admit that the 505 is my choice for the top
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:15 AM   #14
Forkosigan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
jetBook and jetBook-Lite have FB2 support with pictures and I never had problems with it.
As I already wrote, I can only speak about the buyout Firmware version I tested (and I specifically emphasized. That it was only about a tested version of me), then in FB2 no pictures, as well as more than 30% do not read books, so as not supported by their coding.
Perhaps in the latest version of Firmware, these problems have been corrected.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:19 AM   #15
Forkosigan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
And the Nook has been out for a short time, with B&N not making promised delivery dates, and it is above the Kindle lol.
Seems to be something wrong with the ranking....

Though I will admit that the 505 is my choice for the top
With all ranked in the order, simply participating could vote for the same device, the buyout, they only heard from reviews and surveys, and not talk for the buyout themselves enjoyed.

This is mainly referred to the new Medel such as Nook or PRS-900.